Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jabos

A-List Customer
Thanks for the comments all. I will try out the tilt today. It makes sense, if you are going to make a statement by wearing a hat in the first place, you might as well go all the way with it. Southside slide here I come.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
ezra said:
The adventures continue in my new hat cleaning and restoration business. I learned that it's very hard to get materials where I live, so I was forced to make my own hatband. My first attempt. We'll see if the customer likes it.

This is a borso that I cleaned, redyed and did some shaping and made a new hatband for.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35447629@N05/3329858067/

(note original copy of Thunderball on desk)

Ezra, Welcome to the Lounge. We wish you the best in your new business venture. I look forward to seeing more of your work. You might find that these folks have something you need. http://www.hatsupply.com/mens_supplies.htm

First NON-Thin Ribbon...

Got this Black Open Road from Lounger Neil off ebay that he had Art put a ribbon treatment on & new sweatband. I changed the crease to a more tear drop to bring the crown height down some, looked like a stove pipe up there at first to me. I hate this phone camera but I'm not a shutter bug like HPGene & them. Let me know what you think. I'm feeling the tugs to change the ribbon to something thinner, a 12 ligne at the most...

blackOR.jpg

blackOR1.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up
SWEET !

gtd, That Black OR is terrific. While I tend to favor the thin ribbons, that one looks very good as it is. If you change the ribbon, please keep me in mind. I may have a use for that AF ribbon. ;) :)

toobacat

One of the Regulars
gtdean48 said:
Got this Black Open Road from Lounger Neil off ebay that he had Art put a ribbon treatment on & new sweatband. I changed the crease to a more tear drop to bring the crown height down some, looked like a stove pipe up there at first to me. I hate this phone camera but I'm not a shutter bug like HPGene & them. Let me know what you think. I'm feeling the tugs to change the ribbon to something thinner, a 12 ligne at the most...

I think the ribbon looks good.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Hey, gt, that blackie is a beaute! Looks perfect from the front. From the side it is apparent that you're training it to accommodate your long oval noggin'. I have that same issue and some hats show a taper, front-to-back, because of that. Keep at it. That one's worth it, bud!

Stoney

Practically Family
CigarMan said:
Thanks everyone, I appreciate all the comments . . .
the hat looks like it's a custom job from Buckaroo Hatters in Brighton, TN. It has a beautiful white satin lining with a label inside calling it The Green Hornet.

I'm assuming after the 1930's radio show/1960's television show hero.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Green_Hornet

It's size 7 1/8 and has a 2 3/4 in. brim, 1 3/4 in. black grosgrain ribbon, and a 4 1/2 in. crown. Beautiful piece of work.
http://www.buckaroohatters.com/

DSC01957a.jpg

Hey Cigarman,

Very nice hat. Major Moore does great work.

How about posting a picture of the liner and sweatband?

Stoney

Practically Family
Very nice!

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap
It reminds me of the whippet stingy brim that bolthead has.

Jabos said:
This is my second Ebay hat, a Royal Stetson, probably early '60s. Tag says $10.95. Given our newfound candor, I open the door to comments-about the look on me or my bash job. The pinch was a little "gotcheyed" so I had to work on it.
033copy.jpg

031copy.jpg

gataboyslim

New in Town
Hello all!

Hey everyone! This is my first post and one of my first hats. This site has really helped me when it comes to picking hats. Thnx to all! Oh...it is a Triumph by Champ, purchased from ebay.
036gataboy.jpg

Dundee

A-List Customer
gataboyslim said:
Hey everyone! This is my first post and one of my first hats. This site has really helped me when it comes to picking hats. Thnx to all! Oh...it is a Triumph by Champ, purchased from ebay.
036gataboy.jpg

That is a great find. Looks great on you. Welcome to the Lounge.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR