Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
RBH said:
OK.. heres the new [old] Stetson..
As a few of you may know I really like thin ribbons and 2 3\4 inch brims, not to mention a diamond crease.
So.... what do you think of the dry crease on this one ?
A center dent that this felt just seemed to want, I have to say the diamond looked pretty good also! But the center was what I was thinking of on this one.
I have to add that at less than $85 shipped this hat was a steal!

hpim4742.jpg

Rusty, I thought you gave up buying vintage lids? That's a good reason to get back to it though. Sometimes those old hats just cry out for a center dent. That one's a beaut.

RBH said:
As a few of you may know I really like thin ribbons and 2 3\4 inch brims, not to mention a diamond crease.
A center dent that this felt just seemed to want, I have to say the diamond looked pretty good also! But the center was what I was thinking of on this one.

hpim4742.jpg
Okay, what have you done with the REAL Rusty? See any pods laying around the lounge folks??? :eek: :D
Nice looking lid, Cuz, even for a wide ribbon! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

RBH

Bartender
gtdean48 said:
Okay, what have you done with the REAL Rusty? See any pods laying around the lounge folks??? :eek: :D
Nice looking lid, Cuz, even for a wide ribbon! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
You mean those arent Texas armadillo eggs??? :eek:

QUICK someone check on Mr Paladin!!!!!!!!! before he starts wearing Bear Bryant cloth hats!!!!! :D

(notice the pod to the left of the photo)

Jan06009.jpg

thanks Mr P for the use of your photo.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Chiliarches...

If you get a chance, how about posting a couple of shots of the inside of that Strat. You know, sweat, liner, etc., etc. ;)

Thanks!
JtL

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
bolthead said:
Has anyone ever seen or heard of one of these before?

I tried to do a bit of research, (Google) but didn't have much luck. It pointed me to westerns and Ruffia....?

I thought it was interesting and it was only $13.

It's very light weight, soft felt, and of course rollable, so it's very pliable.

I couldn't get any close up detailed without the flash to show, but it has perforated air holes on each side as well.

It also has an interesting crease sewn down the middle of the crown, front to back.

It came with this interesting little (clip on) pin. It looks like a red cross emblem, or maybe swiss? [huh] Maybe someone here can shed a little light on it for me.....

Ruffie004.jpg

That hat is just all-around great - liner, sweat, color, etc. I especially like that little bit of roll to the brim - I've had two like that and they look great either snapped or as-is, semi-Homburgish. I look forward to seeing how it looks on your head, given how well you wear Homburgs.

Mr. Paladin

RBH said:
You mean those arent Texas armadillo eggs??? :eek:

QUICK someone check on Mr Paladin!!!!!!!!! before he starts wearing Bear Bryant cloth hats!!!!! :D

(notice the pod to the left of the photo)

thanks Mr P for the use of your photo.

lol lol lol lol lol Bear Bryant and his cloth hats??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

I thought a good Southern boy like gtd would know about armadillo eggs!

Mr. Paladin

RBH said:

hpim4742.jpg

Rusty, thats super! Those older hats just beg for a classic crease like a center dent. I'm surprised you tried a diamond on it though...:D .

Now...you just gonna hold it or you gonna let us see you wearin' it?

Mr. Paladin

warmentrout-Dreispitz-Bolt: Great old rescues and saves on those hats. I love that homburg in particular, but I am about as addicted to those as I am to ORs.

Mr. Paladin

Aureliano said:
My lovely wife surprised me with this beauty for our anniversary. She found it on a thrift shop in Providence R.I while visiting her folks last week. She said the liner was falling apart and it didn't have a sweat band. She had it cleaned, blocked and also put a leather band. Not the best pictures as I just took them and it's dark. The color is a grey silverish one. You guys like it? I love it!

DSC04118.jpg

Thats a great hat and obviously, a great wife! Well done, sir!

Chiliarches

A-List Customer
Blue Strat

Thank you to everyone for the kind comments...quite a response on this one!

I forgot a key fact - I actually got this hat from Douglas. No great surprise that he'd have a hat like this around, hm? He posted photos a while back, which you may remember.

JtL, here are some inside shots of the hat that Douglas sent me - there is no liner. Let me know if you want more.

DSCN6894.jpg

DSCN6899.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Chili -- that's just what I was hoping for. Man, that hat is in super condition! Absolutely stunning lid! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

Garrett

jimmy the lid said:
Thanks, Chili -- that's just what I was hoping for. Man, that hat is in super condition! Absolutely stunning lid! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL
:arated:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy