Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
buler said:
Went across the border today to see what I could find. Came home with the Stetson Open Road on the right, a Lock & Co. boater, a 7 3/8 952 block, and the boxes. Also had the Lee Trinity waiting on the front porch crushed up in a tiny box. Luckily the Lee went back in shape pretty well.

B

What a great haul! I always appreciate a good OR but that Lee is sweet as well! That is a great choice of ribbon/binding colors.

billysmom

One Too Many
Roninjedi said:
I ordered a Akubra Federation IV in Moonstone and it finally arrived today. This is just a dry bash, fresh out of the box. Y' know it's raining quite a bit where I live. I may just take it out in the rain sometime this weekend and let Nature help me with the bash. I'm sure I'll be playing with the look of the hat a bit more before I'm satisfied.

3914524152_1955231aa2.jpg

Looks fantastic! After a few hours in the weekend moisture (and isn't it welcome, despite the flooding!) it should be just right.

Sue

Duper

Practically Family
Roninjedi, the Fed IV looks great on you. Well done! I received one earlier this week in taupe fawn but I don't seem to have the same knack as you at sculpting. I'm curious what you choose for the top of the crown. Teardrop, diamond, telescopic? Post a shot of the top and profile if you can.

Duper

Practically Family
Roninjedi, I found the Fed IV photos in the Akubra Overload thread. Silly me I should have looked there first.:eusa_doh:

Looks good!

Herzen

One of the Regulars
Roninjedi said:
I ordered a Akubra Federation IV in Moonstone and it finally arrived today. This is just a dry bash, fresh out of the box. Y' know it's raining quite a bit where I live. I may just take it out in the rain sometime this weekend and let Nature help me with the bash. I'm sure I'll be playing with the look of the hat a bit more before I'm satisfied.

Excellent!

thriftshopper

New in Town
help identify and date borsalino

I found this borsalino hat at an estate sale and would like to kmow the style and date it was made. I have read some of the info on here about dating them and it seems to vary. The hat does not have a lining and that seems to be original because the tag is directly on the hat. I have never seen a Borsalino without a lining?????
302437112_o.jpg

302437156_o.jpg

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/0/5/0/3/3/1/webimg/302437222_o.jpg

Stern-Hank

New in Town
Roninjedi said:

:eusa_clap Nice hat!

You've already seen the details...

Y'all may recall Jimmy the Lid landing this beauty out of the Bay even tho I was casting my line vigorously against him. I seldom cast down into the vintage 7 1/2 size pools but these rare 100s get my attention. Well there is some justice in the Universe as the Chief landed another pristine Stetson 100 that fit his pin-head better than this one. So knowing I was the victim of his sniping ways, he offered this Stetson 100 to me with the notorious Jimmy the Lid teardrop crease applied. MANY thanks to Jimmy for his generosity but now I have to change my Holy Grail desires!!!

100Stet1.jpg

100Stet3.jpg

Mr. Paladin

gtdean48 said:
Y'all may recall Jimmy the Lid landing this beauty out of the Bay even tho I was casting my line vigorously against him. I seldom cast down into the vintage 7 1/2 size pools but these rare 100s get my attention. Well there is some justice in the Universe as the Chief landed another pristine Stetson 100 that fit his pin-head better than this one. So knowing I was the victim of his sniping ways, he offered this Stetson 100 to me with the notorious Jimmy the Lid teardrop crease applied. MANY thanks to Jimmy for his generosity but now I have to change my Holy Grail desires!!!

100Stet3.jpg

That is one great hat (and story to go with it)! Congratulations on the acquisition!

Mr. Paladin

Yesterday was Camp Draft Sunday what with the wet rainy weather we are having here right now. My glen gray seemed quite happy in it!

CampDraftDLRSOR005-1.jpg

Today, I creased my new Royal DeLuxe Stetson Open Road. I tried several different creases including a diamond but it just seems that the fedora style OR is just made for the center dent with side dents, so.....here 'tis!

Pardon the rain sprinkles, but I wanted the outside light for the head shot and I took it first.

CampDraftDLRSOR007.jpg

CampDraftDLRSOR008.jpg

CampDraftDLRSOR004.jpg

I also chose to leave the snap shallow as it came. I have altered my other two for a more drastic snap but this one stays as it is.

billysmom

One Too Many
Mr. Paladin said:
Today, I creased my new Royal DeLuxe Stetson Open Road. I tried several different creases including a diamond but it just seems that the fedora style OR is just made for the center dent with side dents, so.....here 'tis!

Pardon the rain sprinkles, but I wanted the outside light for the head shot and I took it first.

CampDraftDLRSOR004.jpg

I also chose to leave the snap shallow as it came. I have altered my other two for a more drastic snap but this one stays as it is.

VERY nice, Mr. P!

Sue

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
no 20s newsboy cap for this kid...

Daniel really preferred a vintage boater. All Mommy bias aside, I think it suits him well:
374084024.jpg
Oh, its a peppermint flavored candy cigareet he's got here...

RBH

Bartender
gtdean48 said:

100Stet1.jpg

100Stet3.jpg
Looks great Tom!!!!!!

RBH

Bartender
Mr. Paladin said:

CampDraftDLRSOR007.jpg

CampDraftDLRSOR008.jpg

CampDraftDLRSOR004.jpg

WOW! That is a super Stetson M P !!!

buler

I'll Lock Up
gtdean48 said:

QUOTE]

Congrats on getting a grail! Enjoy.

B

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Wow!

Mr. Paladin and Mr. Swoopity, Wow!

Mr. P., I was just day dreaming earlier during my drive home about a center crease for my next Campdraft (or OR whichever comes first ;)) and I decided that it would be a center dent - something to bring out the understated sophistication of the thin ribbon. Well done :eusa_clap.

Mr. Swoop Dawg, you certainly do that 100 justice. Much congrats! :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou