Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chiliarches

A-List Customer
Stetson Flagship

Not my newest, but now much "newer" to me. I don't have any "before" pictures I took myself, but I got it from Douglas not too long ago and it looked about like this -

DSCN8080.jpg

Now, the hat looks pretty cool, particularly on Douglas. But I decided that it deserved better treatment than I could provide...so I dropped it off for a cleaning and a ribbon change by Dr. Thompson at Optimo.

Open Crown

100_1379.jpg

100_1388.jpg

Creased

100_1393.jpg

100_1392.jpg

100_1391.jpg

I am much pleased. :)

moonlightsilico

New in Town
found a nice Whippet

Browsing thru an antique store in my old neighborhood ...
saw a Dobbs hatbox. guy counting gold rings ... says $20 for the old
hatbox ... & what is in it.
So ... I check in the box ... nice old Whippet ... in great shape.
Naturally I bought the box. The hat was a bonus. Not my size though.
Now I just need to figure out how to post some pix of my 'find'
for everyone to check out - I tried the usual way ... doesn't work.
I cannot seem to attach the pix ... any suggestions ?
I must be lame ... can't insert a photo.
Moonlight

Mario

I'll Lock Up
1950's Resistol

Just received this vintage Resistol. It has the OPS tag, so it should be fair to say that it was made between 1950 and 1953. Back in the day, the price was $10.

Size is 6 7/8, brim is 2 1/2, crown 4 1/2 (creased). The felt is in near mint condition, but the liner and the ribbon show some slight discoloration.

Resistol-Grey-1950's.jpg

billysmom

One Too Many
Mario said:
Just received this vintage Resistol. It has the OPS tag, so it should be fair to say that it was made between 1950 and 1953. Back in the day, the price was $10.

Size is 6 7/8, brim is 2 1/2, crown 4 1/2 (creased). The felt is in mint condition, but the liner and the ribbon show some slight discoloration.

Very nice, Mario!

Sue

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
billysmom said:
From rlk's 6 7/8 24-hour sale:

Dobbshead.jpg

2 3/4" brim with 5/8" grosgrain brim binding. 1 5/8" ribbon, 5" uncreased crown.

Very pliable - there's a casual slouchiness about it that tells me that it's best not to ask it for much rigid posture.

Sue

Maam, that looks super on you, aaaand--it easily passes the Texas Disorderly Conduct brim test!!!:D

Mr. Paladin

Mr. Paladin

Chiliarches said:
Not my newest, but now much "newer" to me. I don't have any "before" pictures I took myself,... But I decided that it deserved better treatment than I could provide...so I dropped it off for a cleaning and a ribbon change by Dr. Thompson at Optimo.

100_1391.jpg

Great looking hat, Chili. I like the new ribbon and crease.

Spats McGee

One Too Many
Chiliarches said:
. . . .
Now, the hat looks pretty cool, particularly on Douglas. But I decided that it deserved better treatment than I could provide...so I dropped it off for a cleaning and a ribbon change by Dr. Thompson at Optimo.
. . . .
Creased

100_1393.jpg
. . . .

You should be. That turned out really well! :eusa_clap

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
cookie said:
1930sventilatedPanama002.jpg

PB and Co might correct me but that weave is not a Panama Ecuatoriano methinks....is it a Toyo?

Wouldn't doubt it, I don't know my weaves. It's a very fine weave.

The entire straw is covered in this white paint or sealant. I remember several months ago someone (Dinerman maybe?) had a thread about a hat with this same paint stuff. They sent it in and had it removed. I might have to do the same.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I stripped a panama of sealant, but it was an entirely different kind. That hat may be bangora (I had one that looked very similar, only the drilled holes were in a different pattern). That treatment is the way they come, I'd leave it.

buler

I'll Lock Up
Doing some inventory today and have 40+ hats in the "to sell" corner. So I'm starting to photograph them and get them ready for ebay. Most haven't been posted on the lounge. Here is the first batch.

B

New York Store, Buffalo, Wyo Size 7. Hat is NOS w/$12.95 price tag and ribbon size tag. Its brown/olive w/olive ribbon and a cool rocket/satellite button.

new_york_store_1.jpg

new_york_store_4.jpg

Richman Bros Mainline Size 7 1/4. Very hard to describe shade of blue.

richman_bros_mainline_1.jpg

Mallory Ridgewood Size 7 3/8. Light olive with a very nice ribbon.

mallory_ridgewood_1.jpg

mallory_ridgewood_2.jpg

Stetson Open Road 4X Size 7 3/4. Silverbelly.

stetson_4x_1.jpg

stetson_4x_2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerryShaw