Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Samuel

Practically Family
Musashi said:
My First hat arrived today:

19841_824502553173_6233860_45647946_2557515_n.jpg

I love it. Stetson Whippet. An excellent starting point i think.

Nice lid!

Samuel

Practically Family
Mario said:
No need to. Just look at Gene The Haberslasher. He doen't even have any second thoughts if he thinks that a brim is too wide. He just outs with his knife and has a go at it. And then he produly shows the results to the Lounge members. Quite amazing results they are, too... :eek: :D

Sounds like something out of the, gangs of New York a real slasher lol;)

Thanks for the confidence booster Mario.

Samuel

Practically Family
RobFedoraField said:
what a way to start, a stratoliner! every one that I've seen in my size is out of my price range.

great hat!

Thanks RobFedorafield! I really love my Strat its my favorite lid out of three a Borsalino, and a no name. The Strats are so supple so light it just feel right.

Today I wore my Borsalino after I rebashed the crown, I'm having a difficult time trying to find the right look for it. I will post some pictures later...

Scott Wood

Practically Family
Great fun today

Had never heard of a Three Forks Royal Stetson and figured it was a store name or something that was marked in the sweatband of this hat on the bay.
It is the style name as is fully documented within as well as the 7 1/4 size everywhere but it is huge! The shallow crown is 3.5 to 4" in it's current teardrop and that's the only thing that kept it off of my ears before I stuffed the sweatband. Brim is a raw 2.5" all the way roundand there is no noticeable wear or marks of any kind in the thick luxuriously supple felt.
Also today I received the raccoon coat it is resting on in the pictures :eusa_clap a beautiful new Automatic Mechanical watch I have been waiting impatiently for and a cheque that I didn't expect
Talk about lucky seven :cool2:

100_0266.jpg

100_0267.jpg

100_0268.jpg

100_0269.jpg

100_0270.jpg

100_0271.jpg

100_0272.jpg

100_0274.jpg

Sam Craig

One Too Many
my mistake

Just went outside to start my old Chrysler in the 5-below weather and the thermostat was frozen shut.

After some coaxing, and steaming, it finally decided to warm up and run, but it made the point ... apparently it CAN get too cold, and this week it has.

That's still a great boater, though!

portolan

A-List Customer
Wearing my new D&P $17 Crushable to fly

to San Diego. I really like these hats. I now have two, bought my wife and son each one as well. They like them too! I think I bought most of what Stein Mart had!

photo.jpg

Samuel

Practically Family
My new hat

This hat is something I just picked up, I re-did the ribbon and bow one solitary night. I couldn't stand the last bow and ribbon color so I got this one to match my favorite suit. I also re-bashed it over some kettle steam.

DSCN0147.jpg

DSCN0142.jpg

Notice the snow in the hat picture it just fell today in Atlanta :)

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Stetson Avenue Vita Felt

Just received today - I highly encourage anyone with a 7 1/4 + 1/16 noggin to give any hat offered by M_Jones a very close look! I haven't been this excited to see a hat in at least a week or two :)

AvenueSide.jpg

AvenueFront.jpg

AvenueSideUnB.jpg

AvenueBottom.jpg

AvenueSweatLogo.jpg

billysmom

One Too Many
ScottF said:
Just received today - I highly encourage anyone with a 7 1/4 + 1/16 noggin to give any hat offered by M_Jones a very close look! I haven't been this excited to see a hat in at least a week or two :)

AvenueSide.jpg

Very nice, Scott! That brim binding's sharp.

Sue

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes