Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post Pics of Your Cafe Racer Jackets

Which model SCOTT is this?

My jacket? It was a custom line for Confederate Motorcycles but it's essentially a CAF1 Cafe Racer, only in horsehide. I think they still have one or two left. Schott 100th Anniversary Limited Edition line also had this jacket made for the European market but in steerhide and without the branding of course, few of these are still available and there's of course 641XX which is a very similar jacket as well.

Here's the link to the anniversary model:
https://www.schott-store.com/en/legend/121-jrac1.html

It is a seriously good kaff racer.

Last edited:
Personally I prefer zippers on the top sleeves. And I have a brown Kehoe with top sleeve zips, so I don't think, from a historical perspective, that having them on a Codovan cafe racer would be unusual. In fact, I would find them desirable.
Plus it somehow looks 10000 times more bad ass.

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My jacket? It was a custom line for Confederate Motorcycles but it's essentially a CAF1 Cafe Racer, only in horsehide. I think they still have one or two left. Schott 100th Anniversary Limited Edition line also had this jacket made for the European market but in steerhide and without the branding of course, few of these are still available and there's of course 641XX which is a very similar jacket as well.

Thanks Monitor

Edgar Laurel

One of the Regulars
Schott and Vanson are crazy all over EU. Vanson's just shy of a thousand Euros in Germany and so is Schott. Even the second hand stuff usually goes for a lot more than you'd get it in the States, but I guess avoiding the import hustle is worth it for some folk.

But it's all about the style, really... I wish more people would learn how fantastic some of the German MC jacket brands are - were, at least. But I guess they'd have to pop up in Tanaka's book first, eh.

There are some great old/vintage MC jackets from German brands (some of them I think don't exist anymore).
Could you name some of the brands you'd recommend me to search for?

There are some great old/vintage MC jackets from German brands (some of them I think don't exist anymore).
Could you name some of the brands you'd recommend me to search for?

Harro and early Hein Gericke were in my opinion the best. Not just in Germany, these jackets were a class of their own.

Here's a Harro's most classic model, but I don't know what it's called. Something to do with the wind if I remember correctly? Anyway, they came up with this style during the 60's and it became their flagship jacket since. Insanely high quality. 1.3 mm hide. Just awesome.
DSCF08781-e1435561833396-1000x698.jpg

Hein Gericke was also making awesome gear back in the days and so was Uvex during the 80's. Hein Gericke designs were a bit insane at times, especially on the civilian jackets which were all over the place but their motorcycle stuff was second to none.

But Harro is where it's at.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
^Does Lesco veg tan/have analine leather? (applogies if I'm applying the terms incorrectly). The leather on mine seems to have kind of a translucent vibe. It's flat but also has this "natural" feel to it. Hard to explain.

Edgar Laurel

One of the Regulars
Harro and early Hein Gericke were in my opinion the best. Not just in Germany, these jackets were a class of their own.

Here's a Harro's most classic model, but I don't know what it's called. Something to do with the wind if I remember correctly? Anyway, they came up with this style during the 60's and it became their flagship jacket since. Insanely high quality. 1.3 mm hide. Just awesome.
DSCF08781-e1435561833396-1000x698.jpg

Hein Gericke was also making awesome gear back in the days and so was Uvex during the 80's. Hein Gericke designs were a bit insane at times, especially on the civilian jackets which were all over the place but their motorcycle stuff was second to none.

But Harro is where it's at.

Hein Gericke is a brand I'm most familiar with.
True, some of their jackets are way too busy for my taste but I have to agree about the quality issue.
Harro.... If Harro jackets are on par with the one in the picture I'll surely have to check.

Hein Gericke is a brand I'm most familiar with.
True, some of their jackets are way too busy for my taste but I have to agree about the quality issue.
Harro.... If Harro jackets are on par with the one in the picture I'll surely have to check.

Harro is like a German Buco, only good. XD

Really though, they're seriously Langlitz or Vanson quality with leather that's equally heavy and tough and workmanship probably surpassing both. All the Harros I've handled are so well made and so precisely stitched it looks like the jacket was made by a robot. Level of its own. It's a shame they're not as known as some other brand but Harro jacket is a true collectors piece and I suggest anyone who's into vintage motorcycle jackets to look into getting one.

Another random Harro from eBay auction.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HARRO-VTG-L...rjacke-Teddyfell-Gr-M-94-schwarz/262682086780
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

Qristian

New in Town
Hi,
This is my 641hh. Perfect for rainy weather we have in Finland ar the moment. I also have Schott 530 cafe racer jacket which I like a bit more because it doesn't have those big side laces in the back like 641 has because of underarm footballs.

30462221402_40bf73d0e0_z.jpg

My 641hh is about one years old and only place that has broken in the way I would like the whole jacket to be, is the right hand sleeve.

30491487851_8992dc7863.jpg

Ramonesome

New in Town

I picked up one of these Anniversary Jackets (JRAC1) last month and it was gorgeous, nice silhouette, weight and cut...but it was much smaller than I anticipated. Bought a small and could barely zip it up and looked like a stuffed sausage when I did, shoulder to shoulder was 16 inches and the pit to pit was 19.25. By comparison the CAF1 I tried on last year in small was fairly comfortable on me, minimally an inch larger in shoulders and pit. I'm guessing the Confederate and Anniversary jackets are a slightly different pattern than the CAF1, they have more of a tailored look to them and hug closer to the body. The CAF1 wasn't as flattering IMO, sort of hung forward around the waist making it look like I had a pot belly. In the long drawn out process of exchanging the JRAC1 for a larger size, should it ever materialize I'll post some pics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ