Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post Pics of Your Cafe Racer Jackets

I picked up one of these Anniversary Jackets (JRAC1) last month and it was gorgeous, nice silhouette, weight and cut...but it was much smaller than I anticipated. Bought a small and could barely zip it up and looked like a stuffed sausage when I did, shoulder to shoulder was 16 inches and the pit to pit was 19.25. By comparison the CAF1 I tried on last year in small was fairly comfortable on me, minimally an inch larger in shoulders and pit. I'm guessing the Confederate and Anniversary jackets are a slightly different pattern than the CAF1, they have more of a tailored look to them and hug closer to the body. The CAF1 wasn't as flattering IMO, sort of hung forward around the waist making it look like I had a pot belly. In the long drawn out process of exchanging the JRAC1 for a larger size, should it ever materialize I'll post some pics.

CAF1 definitely looks like a roomier jacket with not nearly as flattering silhouette but as I never handled one in person, I didn't want to say nothing. But the two jackets look very different in the photos, even though they share every other detail. From what you've said, Anniversary sounds exactly like the CM1 (Confederate) jacket, which is very similar to the old Beck brand in fit. I'm fairly certain Schott was using their old Beck patterns for CM1/JRAC1 jackets. I've had a Beck for a short while and it's virtually identical to the CM1 except for the sleeve zippers.
Anyway, the CM1 that I got is a size large, which Schott size-charts translate to 42-44 and the jacket is comparable to 641 in a size 38. Only marginally bigger than my Vanson Model B size 38. Really slim fitting jacket - or rather, one very rare instance of Schott correctly sizing their jackets as it's exactly what I believe an L should fit like.

It's a great jacket in any case. The best fitting I've seen from Schott, without any doubt. Or I would go as far as to say that it's maybe the best fitting jacket I've seen from any brand. I just pray they never make one in Horween CXL. . .

Ben Langworthy

New in Town
I was wandering if someone might be able to ID this jacket that i thrifted yesterday. It's got a few similarities to some Schott's, Brooks and Lesco's that I've seen but since it's missing its zip out liner there's no makers label.
The pockets and side zips are all brass Talons while the central zip is a Serval, all look to be original.

I dont think it'd seen the light of day for 20 years as I found a flyer for a club night in the pocket dated 1996!

View media item 1066View media item 1067

I was wandering if someone might be able to ID this jacket that i thrifted yesterday. It's got a few similarities to some Schott's, Brooks and Lesco's that I've seen but since it's missing its zip out liner there's no makers label.
The pockets and side zips are all brass Talons while the central zip is a Serval, all look to be original.

I dont think it'd seen the light of day for 20 years as I found a flyer for a club night in the pocket dated 1996!

View media item 1066View media item 1067

Photos aren't showing for some reason.

Ben Langworthy

New in Town
Photos aren't showing for some reason.

oh no, sorry about that, here they are again. please let me know if they don't come through and I'l try adding them another way.
i also should have said its really nice thick hide, much thicker than my Brimaco of Steer Aero
a.jpg
b.jpg

Rbm83

New in Town
Nice looking jacket, @Ben Langworthy!
There's something intriguing about the black jackets with bronze colored zippers.... Damn! I think I need one like that now! LOL

JVanBro

Familiar Face
Harro is like a German Buco, only good. XD

Really though, they're seriously Langlitz or Vanson quality with leather that's equally heavy and tough and workmanship probably surpassing both. All the Harros I've handled are so well made and so precisely stitched it looks like the jacket was made by a robot. Level of its own. It's a shame they're not as known as some other brand but Harro jacket is a true collectors piece and I suggest anyone who's into vintage motorcycle jackets to look into getting one.

Another random Harro from eBay auction.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HARRO-VTG-L...rjacke-Teddyfell-Gr-M-94-schwarz/262682086780
s-l1600.jpg
@Monitor How about this harro on ebay? What is the part between the cinch belts?

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/222294357005

@Monitor How about this harro on ebay? What is the part between the cinch belts?

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/222294357005

The jacket is missing its middle cinch belt, the part between the other belts is just the remaining hook you'd normally connect the missing belt to. The belt is not technically... belt. There's like a rail thing under the belt buckle which you connect to that hook on the other side. The jacket is very nice, otherwise. It's the three belts, longer version; a bit rarer, I don't know.

JVanBro

Familiar Face
The jacket is missing its middle cinch belt, the part between the other belts is just the remaining hook you'd normally connect the missing belt to. The belt is not technically... belt. There's like a rail thing under the belt buckle which you connect to that hook on the other side. The jacket is very nice, otherwise. It's the three belts, longer version; a bit rarer, I don't know.
Thanks for the info, I'm considering one after you mentioned them above.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

JVanBro

Familiar Face
Just bought from a guy preparing to move away. He said it was his grandfather's who had a Harley Davidson in the same colors. New condition, not broken in yet.
116572125e6b9a4c1601ca4b387441fa.jpg
584af7cbd18ffc04b226886274ae9aef.jpg

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

Freaking awesome! I would wear it without giving it any thought. Nobody does those colorful, fun jackets as Vanson. They've literally done everything, I think. Are the squares on the checkered part painted or sewn in? How did they even do that?

JVanBro

Familiar Face
Freaking awesome! I would wear it without giving it any thought. Nobody does those colorful, fun jackets as Vanson. They've literally done everything, I think. Are the squares on the checkered part painted or sewn in? How did they even do that?
They're sewn on. It's a 48, I'm a 44-46 so it's a little large on me but the asking price was low enough I figured I'd buy it and pass it along.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
my guess, it would be easier to stitch as strip and then cut them again in strips perpendicularly, arange those strips into checker pattern and sew again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112