Post Pics of Your Cafe Racer Jackets

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by jchosko, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Monitor

Monitor

CAF1 definitely looks like a roomier jacket with not nearly as flattering silhouette but as I never handled one in person, I didn't want to say nothing. But the two jackets look very different in the photos, even though they share every other detail. From what you've said, Anniversary sounds exactly like the CM1 (Confederate) jacket, which is very similar to the old Beck brand in fit. I'm fairly certain Schott was using their old Beck patterns for CM1/JRAC1 jackets. I've had a Beck for a short while and it's virtually identical to the CM1 except for the sleeve zippers.
    Anyway, the CM1 that I got is a size large, which Schott size-charts translate to 42-44 and the jacket is comparable to 641 in a size 38. Only marginally bigger than my Vanson Model B size 38. Really slim fitting jacket - or rather, one very rare instance of Schott correctly sizing their jackets as it's exactly what I believe an L should fit like.

It's a great jacket in any case. The best fitting I've seen from Schott, without any doubt. Or I would go as far as to say that it's maybe the best fitting jacket I've seen from any brand. I just pray they never make one in Horween CXL. . .

sweetfights likes this.
  2. Ben Langworthy

Ben Langworthy New in Town

I was wandering if someone might be able to ID this jacket that i thrifted yesterday. It's got a few similarities to some Schott's, Brooks and Lesco's that I've seen but since it's missing its zip out liner there's no makers label.
    The pockets and side zips are all brass Talons while the central zip is a Serval, all look to be original.

I dont think it'd seen the light of day for 20 years as I found a flyer for a club night in the pocket dated 1996!

3. Monitor

Monitor

Photos aren't showing for some reason.

4. Ben Langworthy

oh no, sorry about that, here they are again. please let me know if they don't come through and I'l try adding them another way.
    i also should have said its really nice thick hide, much thicker than my Brimaco of Steer Aero
    a.jpg b.jpg

5. Monitor

Monitor

That's a 70's Lesco jacket.

6. Ben Langworthy

Thanks Monitor! I was pretty chuffed when I found it in a charity shop! i wander when it made its way to the UK!

7. Monitor

Monitor

I would be, too but I never find anything in local charity shops. Lescos are ace.

8. JVanBro

JVanBro Familiar Face

I was thinking Brooks or Lesco.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

9. Rbm83

Rbm83 New in Town

Nice looking jacket, @Ben Langworthy!
    There's something intriguing about the black jackets with bronze colored zippers.... Damn! I think I need one like that now! LOL

10. JVanBro

JVanBro Familiar Face

@Monitor How about this harro on ebay? What is the part between the cinch belts?

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/222294357005

11. Monitor

Monitor

The jacket is missing its middle cinch belt, the part between the other belts is just the remaining hook you'd normally connect the missing belt to. The belt is not technically... belt. There's like a rail thing under the belt buckle which you connect to that hook on the other side. The jacket is very nice, otherwise. It's the three belts, longer version; a bit rarer, I don't know.

JVanBro likes this.
  12. JVanBro

JVanBro Familiar Face

Thanks for the info, I'm considering one after you mentioned them above.

13. JVanBro

JVanBro Familiar Face

Just bought from a guy preparing to move away. He said it was his grandfather's who had a Harley Davidson in the same colors. New condition, not broken in yet.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

mr_lits, Monitor and TREEMAN like this.
  14. Monitor

Monitor

Freaking awesome! I would wear it without giving it any thought. Nobody does those colorful, fun jackets as Vanson. They've literally done everything, I think. Are the squares on the checkered part painted or sewn in? How did they even do that?

JVanBro likes this.
  15. JVanBro

JVanBro Familiar Face

They're sewn on. It's a 48, I'm a 44-46 so it's a little large on me but the asking price was low enough I figured I'd buy it and pass it along.

16. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

my guess, it would be easier to stitch as strip and then cut them again in strips perpendicularly, arange those strips into checker pattern and sew again

Monitor and JVanBro like this.
  17. Monitor

Monitor

Sunny day, so figured I'd take some photos of my jackets. Schott CR. I've stopped babying it and turned it into a daily beater jacket. I literally use it as a rain coat. This is what it looks like after a month of foul weather. Extremely tough jacket.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
    Rbm83, handymike, sweetfights and 3 others like this.
  18. ProteinNerd

ProteinNerd My Mail is Forwarded Here

@Monitor Daily beater..it still looks brand new!

19. Monitor

Monitor

I've only actually had about two months worth of jacket weather here so... But considering what it looked like when new, it's coming along very well. :D

Also, I'm easily distracted.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

red devil and JVanBro like this.
  20. Monitor

Monitor

Early Cal custom CR.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ton312, Rbm83, handymike and 5 others like this.