Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post Thedi Leather Jacket Photos Here........

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I love this Badalassi 'cat eye'. I'd opt for a shorter body length thought.

54E0194B-FDBD-48BA-80FC-F6D8E6951462.jpeg
24B18CD4-DCEF-474B-83CB-2A66F9F97DD7.jpeg

The original cat eye

AF879C29-10AE-4B84-AF57-5545059FBD7E.jpeg

The green HB and the jacket directly to the left are sooo good. Thedi is at his his absolute best with these IMO. Very close to the original designs (I suspect a Sportclad HB and Windward jacket respectively).

The perfect balance of old and new without tipping too far one way or the other.

Motocann

One Too Many

CBI

One Too Many
these jackets are simply amazing. but IMO, I have not seen one on the Thedi site or Thedi FB that I think I could pull off wearing. I think the jackets are SO GOOD, they almost draw too much attention to themselves. I mean, not really, but kinda. Just too "pretty" for my taste...........that doesn't mean I don't think the are about the most amazing jackets made! They also LOOK like EXPENSIVE jackets. That's just not the vibe I would be comfortable walking around/"being" in. All very ironic consideration these are jackets inspired by vintage everyday/everyman wear from the past. Again, Thedi seems to be at about the top of the jacket food chain for sure!

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I think the jackets are SO GOOD, they almost draw too much attention to themselves.
I certainly do not disagree with you that their jackets are crazy good. The attention to detail is the best I've seen. Theodoros explained to me how a large part of construction time goes into shaping the jacket by hammering the folds/edges, about 4500 hammer blows for each jacket. I don't know how he actually counted those but the result is clear: razor sharp edges.

7372149C-D1B9-4CC8-AF59-BF1A4FA45120.jpeg

Personally I don't mind a jacket drawing attention but if you do they also offer more subdued styles like the ones below.

E112105C-665A-4203-803F-F0C0F3451373.jpeg
9EB60E46-3508-4D06-91AD-786F3813B6BE.jpeg

C5398222-301D-49C7-8954-EDA8CB6A13F0.jpeg

CBI

One Too Many
No worries Marc and GREAT Thedi shop photos- must have been a blast to have visited. I was in Greece last year but too far north to get to their shop, considered it though!!!!

scurvyfreedman

Familiar Face
these jackets are simply amazing. but IMO, I have not seen one on the Thedi site or Thedi FB that I think I could pull off wearing. I think the jackets are SO GOOD, they almost draw too much attention to themselves. I mean, not really, but kinda. Just too "pretty" for my taste...........that doesn't mean I don't think the are about the most amazing jackets made! They also LOOK like EXPENSIVE jackets. That's just not the vibe I would be comfortable walking around/"being" in. All very ironic consideration these are jackets inspired by vintage everyday/everyman wear from the past. Again, Thedi seems to be at about the top of the jacket food chain for sure!
This was my Thedi the first day after I bought it. I don't have any recent pics now that it's a little more broken in.

It is definitely wearable. Yes it looks expensive. But, the key is it fits. That's number #1 for any clothes. I'm only 5'7" 165. I can't wear things that are too big or I look like a kid wearing their dad's clothes. I also can't wear something too tight b/c I'm almost 50. I couldn't pull off a double rider. I couldn't wear something with a lot of zippers and snaps or studs. I also think brown is more easy than black, which just appears stark to me.

The fit jacket I tried on was too tight in the shoulders and chest, but good in body length. I also needed the arms shortened. I looked like a stuffed sausage with those extra long knots at the ends. It looked bad on me.

I get lots of compliments on my jacket But, I don't think it draws too much attention. I haven't had strangers compliment it. Only friends and colleagues.

As they say, fit is king. It looks especially good because it's the right size on the shoulders and chest. The arms are the right length. Custom sizing is what makes it look really good, not that it looks expensive. I think wearing a jacket that looks expensive, but doesn't fit right wouldn't get compliments.

Find the right style for your personality and buy it. Get the size customized to your body. Wear it with confidence.

IMG_7294.jpeg

morrison2951

Practically Family
This was my Thedi the first day after I bought it. I don't have any recent pics now that it's a little more broken in.

It is definitely wearable. Yes it looks expensive. But, the key is it fits. That's number #1 for any clothes. I'm only 5'7" 165. I can't wear things that are too big or I look like a kid wearing their dad's clothes. I also can't wear something too tight b/c I'm almost 50. I couldn't pull off a double rider. I couldn't wear something with a lot of zippers and snaps or studs. I also think brown is more easy than black, which just appears stark to me.

The fit jacket I tried on was too tight in the shoulders and chest, but good in body length. I also needed the arms shortened. I looked like a stuffed sausage with those extra long knots at the ends. It looked bad on me.

I get lots of compliments on my jacket But, I don't think it draws too much attention. I haven't had strangers compliment it. Only friends and colleagues.

As they say, fit is king. It looks especially good because it's the right size on the shoulders and chest. The arms are the right length. Custom sizing is what makes it look really good, not that it looks expensive. I think wearing a jacket that looks expensive, but doesn't fit right wouldn't get compliments.

Find the right style for your personality and buy it. Get the size customized to your body. Wear it with confidence.

View attachment 457265

Nice! I get complinents on it.

Chicks dig our jacket! ;)

20220507_222746.jpg

Mrfrown

One Too Many

Squirrel_hero

Familiar Face
Here is my beautiful custom thedi jacket from Carrie at thurston bros. It’s literally the nicest thing I own and I own a lot of nice things in all seriousness this jacket is unreal. The leather is beautiful and stitching is perfect. The leather is caffe buffalo. the only thing really custom aside from my sizes is I had him remove the bottom side belt buckles. Not sure what those are called. Mainly wanted them gone so I can lean against a car and not worry about scratching it. What do you think. I need a better fit pic! It’s been 100 degrees out so haven’t got to wear it much out of the house. and when I do I don’t think to take a photo..

2E2D1803-994A-42A7-B1B3-F946AB28A118.jpeg
1E56EE4D-CC78-4FCA-8FC0-1DD66ECE3723.jpeg
ED0FF8A5-3CF1-4C36-81C7-BF9E4B8D49C9.jpeg
EDE4EAA7-4883-4289-ADF4-C8FB8CBACD6D.jpeg
07F39236-8F3E-43FE-9BB4-42222BCC2A82.jpeg
D50D3D90-080E-4697-AED6-B15439C17EF7.jpeg
B16A4DEF-2D24-4E4D-B028-77F2C1A77E97.jpeg
51995A20-20C5-4D18-A154-DC6CA74DF906.jpeg

Attachments

• C8CF0405-8C7F-4442-9CCA-59433D1A99B4.jpeg
    C8CF0405-8C7F-4442-9CCA-59433D1A99B4.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 89