Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pre- 1940s Stetson dress hats.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up

Still one of my favorite early Stetsons of all time. The color combos on that one are just fantastic and proof that not every early hat was black or gray with a black ribbon. I never noticed the blue edge binding matched with a double row of stitching. Its just awesome! Can you take a picture of the tags under the sweatband?

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
DSCN5009.jpg

DSCN3538.jpg

DSCN3533.jpg

DSCN3531.jpg

DSCN3532.jpg

DSCN3529.jpg

I too have to say that is a beauty.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
1920s 'Extra Light Weight' Nutria velour.

This one looks to have been worn very little. The liner is one of my favorites. True to the designation, this hat is super light and malleable.

8ahu6asu.jpg

yneqy7e9.jpg

ejabamyg.jpg

evuty3eg.jpg

y5etu2y5.jpg

vebuvave.jpg

epa6eper.jpg

9a3yje6y.jpg

9yqe7e7u.jpg

ejudude8.jpg

Last edited:

TheDane

Call Me a Cab

Wow! That completely redefines "leather-fetishism"! Why don't I ever see this on modern custom hats? I would guess, that quite a few hat enthusiasts would like to pay an extra half an hour's salery to the hatter. For that deep embossings and rollings you'll need more expensive dies, but the extra cost per sweat would be minimal. I just don't get it [huh]

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
1900's Stetson Derby. In phenomenal shape and with original box (not pictured). Sadly, a 7 Long Oval so I can't wear this one :eusa_doh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy