Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Project Navin Aero Jacket #2 now underway...

normanf

One of the Regulars
I like the idea.... not too intrusive even if you have a pair of pockets on front. It keeps the clean look of the jacket. Its kind of hard to design a vintage style jacket that looks both functional and still adheres to the parameters of a timeless design.

Navin323i

Practically Family
UPDATE

OneStar said:
I'm trying to picture Andy's idea of leather extending into the interior lining from the cuff... basically if I were to look at my cuff I would see leather going further back into the inside of the sleeve... what's the advantage of doing this?

Hi Navin,
I had the leather extended inside my Highwayman cuffs and it worked a treat. I'd highly recommend it. Following is an image to give you the idea.

IMG_2617.jpg
[/IMG]

Like with a leather strip across the bottom of the jacket, this ensures you never get "lining sag" from the cuff opening.

Cheers,
Richard

I spoke with Will today over the phone... I talked to him about having him do this leather extending inside the cuffs... he advised me against doing this... basically he HATES having to do this, so I made it easier for him and said I'll skip this feature.

I have provided my finalized list of jacket details to Will and Amanda... the overall design is different than the one I initially posted here. I will be helping Will and Amanda to market this style jacket once it's made... I'm so excited!! :)

Cheers,
Navin

OneStar

New in Town
Navin323i said:
I spoke with Will today over the phone... I talked to him about having him do this leather extending inside the cuffs... he advised me against doing this... basically he HATES having to do this, so I made it easier for him and said I'll skip this feature.

I have provided my finalized list of jacket details to Will and Amanda... the overall design is different than the one I initially posted here. I will be helping Will and Amanda to market this style jacket once it's made... I'm so excited!! :)

Cheers,
Navin

Hi Navin,
I think you (and Will) have made the right decision in this case since your sleeves will have the zips. This inside leather wouldn't have worked well with this cuff style. Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

Navin323i

Practically Family
OneStar said:
Hi Navin,
I think you (and Will) have made the right decision in this case since your sleeves will have the zips. This inside leather wouldn't have worked well with this cuff style. Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

Hi Richard,

Actually I have no zips... my jacket style is now entirely different. He could have added this extended leather feature but he was honest with me and told me how much he hates doing this plus he mentioned there would be an extra charge for this (not sure if this is something new).

Thanks for your help, my friend. I'm so excited that my jacket will be in the queue officially within the next day or so.

Hepville

One of the Regulars
Navin323i said:
Hi Richard,

Actually I have no zips... my jacket style is now entirely different. He could have added this extended leather feature but he was honest with me and told me how much he hates doing this plus he mentioned there would be an extra charge for this (not sure if this is something new).

Thanks for your help, my friend. I'm so excited that my jacket will be in the queue officially within the next day or so.

It was wise of you to draw back in this detail... if you want the best result you have to give some some little freedoms to the maker ;)

Navin323i

Practically Family
It's Official Now... :)

My jacket order is officially in Aero's production queue as of today... payment info has been sent to Amanda and Will, along with the full details for how I want my new jacket to look.

I wish to thank everyone here on the site for the encouragement you all gave me. When all is said and done and you all see pictures of my new jacket, I hope my new style jacket inspires you all just as you all have inspired me. :)

Cheers,
Navin

Ace Rimmer

One of the Regulars
Great to hear that it's in the works. Now comes the hardest part, waiting!

Did you ever get an answer on the US customs duties? I am curious myself, seeing as I have only ordered from Aero USA and never had to pay it.

Navin323i

Practically Family
Ace Rimmer said:
Great to hear that it's in the works. Now comes the hardest part, waiting!

Did you ever get an answer on the US customs duties? I am curious myself, seeing as I have only ordered from Aero USA and never had to pay it.

Great question, Ace... unfortunately I never got an answer. I wonder if starting a separate thread to address that specific question would be worthwhile, given that I asked that question deep into my thread here that the right people to answer that question might not have noticed the question asked here.

sbhva

Familiar Face
I looked into import duties when I purchased a used jacket from a member on this forum back in March. From my reading of the regulation, I believe that a jacket with a cost of less than $2,000 can be imported on a non-formal basis and would not be subject to duty. I was not charged any duty on my jacket. But ... look up the regulations and read them for yourself. Then you can make your own interpretation.

Navin323i

Practically Family
sbhva said:
I looked into import duties when I purchased a used jacket from a member on this forum back in March. From my reading of the regulation, I believe that a jacket with a cost of less than $2,000 can be imported on a non-formal basis and would not be subject to duty. I was not charged any duty on my jacket. But ... look up the regulations and read them for yourself. Then you can make your own interpretation.

Thanks for the info! I'll probably feel more comfortable asking the U.S. people here who have ordered the jackets firsthand from Aero.

Tony No-Toes

One of the Regulars
FL members are indeed the best...

Hepville said:
I have nothing to say to the Jacket itself... but it´s always very pleasurable to see and read how much time, effort and thoughts members spent on other members... even for the least details... to come to an satisfying result :eusa_clap

Spot on, Hepville. This place is like a custom jacket think tank. Talk about taking the matter seriously! With the passion and experience of all these members, one cannot go wrong.

You guys are great and thanks for sharing. It helps all of us in thinking through our ideas.

Looking forward to seeing you're build with Aero, Navin.

Navin323i

Practically Family
Tony No-Toes said:
Spot on, Hepville. This place is like a custom jacket think tank. Talk about taking the matter seriously! With the passion and experience of all these members, one cannot go wrong.

You guys are great and thanks for sharing. It helps all of us in thinking through our ideas.

Looking forward to seeing you're build with Aero, Navin.

Thanks Tony! I agree with you fully... the passion that everyone has here is just amazing and contagious, LOL. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails