Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Project Navin Aero Jacket #2 now underway...

G'c

Familiar Face
hey Navin!! I always wanted an Aero in that style, without the pockets, which Aero does have for their Ace Cafe Racer jackets... sorry didn't read through the whole thread... so have you ordered it yet ? And what colour are you choosing? I wish I will have one as well... but no money for that at the moment .. maybe around 10 years later lol

Please do show us the jacket when it arrives!

Dav

One Too Many
Don't know how much it is UK to USA but the other way I had to pay £55 postage, 17.5% VAT, 10% import duty and £10 to Fedex for the privilage. It all came to £160 approximatly on a £325 jacket.:rage:
The jacket was $625 reduced to $510 I thought I was getting a bargain.

Navin323i

Practically Family
G'c said:
hey Navin!! I always wanted an Aero in that style, without the pockets, which Aero does have for their Ace Cafe Racer jackets... sorry didn't read through the whole thread... so have you ordered it yet ? And what colour are you choosing? I wish I will have one as well... but no money for that at the moment .. maybe around 10 years later lol

Please do show us the jacket when it arrives!

Will do, my friend. What's your name?

Have not ordered the jacket yet... color is a surprise now... I'm talking with Aero right now in regards to finalizing the details of the jacket.

Right now I'm trying to figure out from the other U.S. members here how much they paid for customs and duty tax fees assuming they ordered their jackets directly from Aero Scotland.

Navin

Navin323i

Practically Family
Dav said:
Don't know how much it is UK to USA but the other way I had to pay £55 postage, 17.5% VAT, 10% import duty and £10 to Fedex for the privilage. It all came to £160 approximatly on a £325 jacket.:rage:
The jacket was $625 reduced to $510 I thought I was getting a bargain.

Wow... that's a lot of extra money you had to spend, Dav... sorry to hear that. :(

At least in the end you came away with a nice jacket you'll treasure always. :)

Dav

One Too Many
Navin323i said:
At least in the end you came away with a nice jacket you'll treasure always. :)

I'm sure it will last me forever as the most painful part of the whole deal is that its way too big so never gets worn, also on ebay they seem to sell for £50 to £100.
Oh well live and learn.

Navin323i

Practically Family
Dav said:
I'm sure it will last me forever as the most painful part of the whole deal is that its way too big so never gets worn, also on ebay they seem to sell for £50 to £100.
Oh well live and learn.

I'm so sorry that the jacket doesn't fit you... I didn't know, or you might have mentioned it earlier at some point and I just don't remember... in any case that really sucks.

Were you not able to tell Aero that the jacket doesn't fit you so that Aero could take the jacket back and then make you a new one that would fit you?

Dav

One Too Many
Its not an Aero its a Schott, which I wore for a couple of weeks before realising how bad a fit it was.
At least it led me to discover Aero.

Hepville

One of the Regulars
I have nothing to say to the Jacket itself... but it´s always very pleasurable to see and read how much time, effort and thoughts members spent on other members... even for the least details... to come to an satisfying result :eusa_clap

Navin323i

Practically Family
Dav said:
Its not an Aero its a Schott, which I wore for a couple of weeks before realising how bad a fit it was.
At least it led me to discover Aero.

:eusa_doh: Sorry for my misunderstanding of what jacket you were talking about. So I assume Schott doesn't give any refunds then if you don't like the jacket or if the sizing is wrong?

Navin323i

Practically Family
Hepville said:
I have nothing to say to the Jacket itself... but it´s always very pleasurable to see and read how much time, effort and thoughts members spent on other members... even for the least details... to come to an satisfying result :eusa_clap

Guten Tag Hepville,

Thanks for your post here. I saw your thread about your new car club jacket and the other jacket however the site you posted your pics on is a site that is blocked here at my work site so I've not been able to see your pics, plus with a 9 month old infant at my home plus a 5 year old daughter to care for I just haven't had the time to get on the internet at my home.

Hopefully I'll get to check out your good work soon. I'm actually in a car club as well... actually it's a car team that competes on the U.S. show car circuit... mostly BMWs but a few Audis, VWs, and some exotics (Maseratis, Ferraris, etc.). We're called Europrojektz and we have chapters all over the world. I drive a 2000 BMW 323i sedan (which I think you refer to as saloon) which has been heavily modified with twin screw supercharger, transmission conversion from automatic (or as we call... "autotragic") to 5spd manual transmission, and a ton of carbon fiber modifications... my heart is mechanical and made of carbon fiber so I use my car to spread heart awareness for people like me born with heart conditions (I've survived 5 open heart surgeries throughout the 36 years of my life) and to inspire people to maintain a healthy heart. My car and I have been featured in magazines and newspapers and on television too.

Below are a couple of pictures that you can check out, plus I'll include a link to the magazine article that you can view online (note that the article was from late 2008 so my car looks differently now compared to back then)...

Eurotuner Magazine Feature
----------------------------
http://www.eurotuner.com/featuredvehicles/eurp_0811_2000_bmw_323i/index.html

Navin-RemixShow1.jpg

Standing by my car with my favorite Aero NYPD Horsehide leather jacket. :D

Navin-AeroNYPD.jpg

Navin323i

Practically Family
Hepville said:

I also wanted to add that I agree with you completely... we are such a close knit community here so I personally enjoy interacting with everyone here in the hopes that I help others here and that I also learn something new... I can tell you that I've learned a lot here about jackets... everything from various styles to proper maintenance... it's truly a pleasure to be a member here. :)

Danke,
Navin

Dav

One Too Many
Navin323i So I assume Schott doesn't give any refunds then if you don't like the jacket or if the sizing is wrong?[/QUOTE said:
I think they would have given me a refund had I not removed the tags and worn it. I'm not knocking them as it was my own fault entirely. Perhaps I'll try it in the classifieds here some time.

Navin323i

Practically Family
Dav said:
I think they would have given me a refund had I not removed the tags and worn it. I'm not knocking them as it was my own fault entirely. Perhaps I'll try it in the classifieds here some time.

Oh I know you weren't trying to knock them... it's all good. I'm sure you'll find a buyer here if you put it in the classifieds section. I just checked out the jacket you have on the Schott site... beautiful jacket! Your jacket is my size and if I wasn't getting another Aero jacket I'd be all over your jacket. :)

Good luck with your sale, Dav.

Navin323i

Practically Family
Dav said:
Thanks Navin and sorry to drift off topic.

No worries, my friend. :)

Anyhow, I'm hoping to find out from U.S. members here who purchased directly from Aero Scotland whether they were charged any customs and/or duty tax fees and if so then how much?

Navin323i

Practically Family
too much coffee said:
Gee Navin,
Yea when Dav listed the Schott as a 585 XL, I immediately thought of you. Face it Bro...........you've got the fever!

Best regards, coffee

Haha! I better be careful about that fever... time to take some tylenol for that. :D

normanf

One of the Regulars
Put on pockets if you like... its going to be a practical civilian jacket and you may have unique needs.

Whatever makes you happy, go for it in the design!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo