Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(PS.) Another pinup contest!

Velma Kelly

Familiar Face
Hello everybody,

I just found out that I made it into another contest and of course, it would be great if you would go and vote for me. The chances too win are probably very small, there are a lot of beautiful dames and it will be very hard to choose. But I'd highly appreciate your support! It would be great to become their "Pinup of the Month", even though most of my pictures don't show a classic pinup theme. One can vote once a day and there is even a comments section for the users to communicate with each other or to post a message to their favourite lady. Feel free to leave a message, I promise to keep an eye on the comments section!

:)

Here's the link: http://www.myvintagehut.com/pinups.htm

Kisses,
Velma

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
Agreed Brad. They go way over the line. You don't have to be clever or talented to be lewd. Nude women and free beer will always draw a crowd. I see that the girl that has the least clothes is far ahead of the others....that are more beautiful and tasteful.

I'll pass.

Velma Kelly

Familiar Face
I noticed that most modern pinup girls feel like they have to take off their clothes to attract people to them. Someone already stated at the comments section of the My Vintage Hut contest that most girls are covered by tatoos and showing too much skin and that this is not the image pinups had back then which is true. I'm just glad I made it into the contest but I would never do any explicit shots, just to draw attention to me. I guess, it's ok not to win those contests etc. Noone can compete with naked skin.

Love,
Velma

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Actually, fine attire does compete with naked skin..!

Clothing your naked birthday suit is half the fun and takes much more effort than running around like Adam & Eve at a barbeque!

Also, (and obviously this is very subjective), but I feel that fine clothing and attire can make someone look even more sensual than just stripping them down to the bare wood! As the right clothing accentuates the positive points of the person and should allow that person's personality to shine through, to double their beauty. And that goes for guys as well as dolls!

Maybe this is coming from age now, maybe I'm just going stale, but...naked flesh isn't half as sexy and interesting as seeing a flash of a person's naked soul and character. Now 'that' is the thing that puts a big smile on my face, makes my day for me, puts the biggest spring into my step and attracts me to someone as being an interesting person.

So Velma, don't go for the cheap fix of baring breasts..et al! This race is not a sprint, it is a marathon that is much more enduring. You carry your style off really well, and that's surely what it is all about, it's carrying off the style and embodying the feel of vintage!

I'll JUMP off my soap-box now shall I!! lol.

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Velma, seeing your pic there in that contest is refreshing. Your pic is by far the most classiest. I didn't know what to expect when I clicked on the link. You definitely seem to stand apart from those other gals.

MK and Paddy, it's hopeful seeing there are still men of class out there.

Re: Actually, fine attire does compete with naked skin..!

Originally posted by PADDY
Also, (and obviously this is very subjective), but I feel that fine clothing and attire can make someone look even more sensual than just stripping them down to the bare wood! As the right clothing accentuates the positive points of the person and should allow that person's personality to shine through, to double their beauty. And that goes for guys as well as dolls!
I suppose that might explain the Hooters restaurant phenom here in the US. ;)
Seriously though, tatoos on women just do not do it for me. It just looks trashy. On guys I suppose we look and then look away. I do know that my father had a tatoo on both shoulders. That turned me off tatoos because I got to see what they look like after fifty years---ink blots. The shapes were undiscernable after time had passed. I just wonder what these women are going to say to their grandchildren when they are up in years and their tatoos look the same. I do not know about you but an 80 year old grandmother with tatoos is going to be one interesting piece of work. LOL

Regards to all,

J

Velma Kelly

Familiar Face
Re: Actually, fine attire does compete with naked skin..!

Originally posted by PADDY

So Velma, don't go for the cheap fix of baring breasts..et al! This race is not a sprint, it is a marathon that is much more enduring. You carry your style off really well, and that's surely what it is all about, it's carrying off the style and embodying the feel of vintage!

I agree with what you wrote you, Paddy! And thank you so much for saying that you like my style. I try my very best to embody the feel of vintage and I absolutely enjoy it.

I am very glad that I have the chance to meet true vintage lovers through the internet and I am also glad that I finally got a small website up and running to showcase and celebrate my passion for retro culture and that I am able to share it with interested people from all over the world.

I don't want to make a career out of it, it's not about money or something like that. I am probably not even very original in what I am doing because it seems like dozens of pinup models and even bursleque performers pop up out of the ground over night, imitating something or someone that has been around and successful for quite a while now. Retro culture is my passion and it becomes more and more a lifestyle. The only thing that makes me kinda "special" as a retro model is that I was the first German girl who published her photos on the internet and there is a wonderful group of people who take in interest in what I do and support me. So, yes, I have to admit that I am a little proud that I was the one who started it in Germany.

But I don't want to make a living as an internet model, quitting my job, taking of all my clothes, posing nude, setting up an expensive members area on my website and trying to draw attention to me with doing more and more explicit pictures. I don't judge the women who are doing that, and some of them are extremely successful (e.g. Dita Von Teese), all I am trying to say is that this is nothing for me and I would never do that.

And it's not important to win contests... it's simply fun and I am curious what other people think about me and how they would judge my pictures and style. But I don't expect to win anything! It's so very flattering that some people voted for me here at Fedora Lounge as "Vector Vixen" on Retro Radar. And it would be a great honor to win such a classy contest, because great people stand behind the site and the audience is superb! So, it's a great honor and nice title for every girl to become a "Vector Vixen". And I know that it is probably tactically stupid to say that because the voting still goes on until Tuesday :), but the other girls are so beautiful and everyone of them deserves to win this contest. I wouldn't be jealous.

But I am glad that I found something like a niche, celebrating not only classic pinup art but old Hollywood glamour as well in my pictures. I can't help, I am absolutely admire the silverscreen sirens of the past and everything that has to do with classic films and musicals.

All my love,
Velma

MDFrench

A-List Customer
With no intention to flatter, I will say that Velma's pictures are the best on that site, and she is far and away the most beautiful face there too.

It's easy to be a skank. It continually infuriates me as to why so many men find that appealing though.

Here at UGA, it is sad to see so many young women follow in such dubious footsteps. Velma, you could teach them a thing or two.

Mike

My favorites since childhood - Ingrid Bergman, Hayworth, and Jennifer Connelly (Pre-Hulk)

filmnoirphotos

One of the Regulars
Velma,

Several of the gals in the contest are stunning, however they come across as fetish models not classic pinup gals. Your shots aren't quite pinup, still, you're the classy'st dame in the contest. And style will win out everytime.....at least with me.

You got my vote.

Velma Kelly

Familiar Face
Nice to be here again because I had trouble accessing the message board yesterday.

Anyway, I would like to thank you very much for your comments and I am very flattered and touched by what you all wrote... I know I keep saying this every time but it's true. When I started to publish my pictures on the net, I never thought that anyone would say something like this about me and the photos. And to find out that people enjoy it, feels so good because it pays of all the work, heart and soul we put into these pictures. And it proves that there are retro lovers out there and that retro culture IS alive and that's what it's all about... at least for me.

Thank you so much.

Much love,
Velma

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy