Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Public Enemies

MisterGrey

Practically Family
Teabag1927 said:
The warren oates one was good anyway, inaccuracies sure, but warren oates at least looked a little like the real Dillinger.

This is something that bugs me about "Public Enemies." I haven't seen the movie yet, so I'm not going to either praise or criticize the film itself, but Depp looks nothing like Dillinger in any of the promotional material I've seen. Maybe they've intentionally used shots/stills where Depp looks more like himself to try and play off of his star power; but modern makeup and prosthetics are absolutely amazing at transforming actors physical appearances, and it would seem none of that was utilized. (Look at Nicole Kidman's simple yet profound transformation into Virginia Woolf in "The Hours." A fake nose, a receded hairline, and boom. Now that is how you transform an actor). Tim Burton's makeup people did an incredible job of turning him into Ed Wood (look at an autographed photo of Wood in the book "Nightmare of Ecstasy" and you'll see that Depp in the film is essentially a dead ringer). Similar effort could've gone into this.

Oates, on the other hand, looked right. Not nearly as spot on as the aforementioned Kidman did to Woolf, but they did enough with his hair and weight to make him look like a convincing Dillinger. Watching Oates I can put aside that I'm watching Oates. Looking at Johnny Depp all I can see is Johnny Depp.

Ghostsoldier

Call Me a Cab
For those interested, today is the 75th anniversary of the death of Charles Aurthur "Pretty Boy" Floyd, gunned down by Melvin Purvis and his FBI agents in Ohio, in 1934...not by Christian Bale, in an apple orchard...:)
Rob

Torpedo

One Too Many
Ghostsoldier said:
For those interested, today is the 75th anniversary of the death of Charles Aurthur "Pretty Boy" Floyd, gunned down by Melvin Purvis and his FBI agents in Ohio, in 1934...not by Christian Bale, in an apple orchard...:)
Rob

Levallois, are you hearing? ;)

Ghostsoldier

Call Me a Cab
A couple of stills I haven't seen before:

Great one of his holster rig...
pedepp2.jpg

Great one of the windowpane overcoat...
pedepp1.jpg

Rob

Doublegun

Practically Family
John in Covina said:
We went to B. Black & Sons in LA on Saturday 10/17 with the Deep LA meet and that's where the costumers got the fabric to make that long coat.

Any idea who made that coat?

I am not sure as to if Magnoli has done long overcoats, I think he has some on his site, and perhaps Matt Deckard might have insights too. Google yellow pages for LA and give B. Black & Sons a call they may still have the fabric.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy