Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

putting a 1910 jacket into production...

coble

A-List Customer
Good Afternoon Loungers,

I am reproducing this 1910 jacket for my company and will be selling it for 400 dollars. It will be made with either 12 ounce Bankers Grey flannel wool, or a charcoal Gray Wool Flannel.
It will have a natural cotton lining. It will have two exterior patch pockets at waistline with flaps, one left breast pocket on slant and curved with 3/4" flap; with removable waist belt and attached belt loops.
Sizes are medium 40R, large 44R, XL 48R.
The XL 48R will be an extra 25 dollars.
I am posting this to find out who would be interested in buying my reproduction of this 1910 jacket. From when you order it will take 7 weeks after receipt of order.
I will start taking names of who's interested and post when things go into production.

396197_10151281203220350_1604993573_n.jpg

look forward to hearing from you all.

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
I'm not in the market for such an item at the moment, but I must commend you on doing a wonderful thing for the early 20th century suit fans and the modern clothes buisness by reproducing this wonderful suit. I hope it's a success and that at some point you can go on to reproduce more early 20th century suits. Maybe some day I'll be wearing one of them!

coble

A-List Customer
Golden Era Fan, thank you. I hope to help you anytime, so when ever your interested send me a message.

--I do want to mention it will just be the jacket, the pants will not be a part of the production, maybe later down the road.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Looks great! Not in my budget unfortunately at the moment but I have been admiring the one that Slater on Boadwalk Empire has been wearing. Do you have some more detailed shots of your jacket?

Last edited:

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great project. :eusa_clap To be honest, it is earlier than my usual timeframe so I woudl heistate to spend so much money. But I am not saying it is too expensive. For small brands it is impossible to produce a tailored jacket for less. Keep up the good work.

coble

A-List Customer
Good start would love a belted back in 48 R if you get around to making one.

If i were to have another version of this coat with a belted back you would be interested? Because its easy to make it with a belted back. I can definitely get it done for you wiser if your interested.

Chowderhouse

One of the Regulars
--I do want to mention it will just be the jacket, the pants will not be a part of the production, maybe later down the road.

Coble, I think it's important that you first make a sample, photograph it, and then show us the photos of the repro sample. Showing a photo of the original vintage piece (as you did in your first post above), rather than the repro sample, does not help us to see how well you can reproduce a jacket like this. The proof is in the pudding, as they say.

coble

A-List Customer
Coble, I think it's important that you first make a sample, photograph it, and then show us the photos of the repro sample. Showing a photo of the original vintage piece (as you did in your first post above), rather than the repro sample, does not help us to see how well you can reproduce a jacket like this. The proof is in the pudding, as they say.

I agree with you. I did want to see before hand as well if their is an interest in this jacket. Since their is even if its not in the budget now for some. I still have a chance to see if theirs a want. This jacket is still in the works on wool color. So the final version is coming soon. Knowing theirs and interest, is a good note.

Edward

Bartender
As others, I'm not currently in the market. At some future pint I'd be interested, though, in one in earthtones. Tweed especially.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Before I say anything else: thank you for pursuing the idea and also sharing it with us. I think its great you are doing this.

In answer to your question: In theory (or at least until I see photos of the repro) yes I would be interested, in particular with one of those interesting pleated or belted backs from the 1910s or early 1920s that Dinnerman and HBK keep posting. In a nice tweed please! The price point you suggest is comparable to Bookster or Old Town which have similar offerings.

coble

A-List Customer
Before I say anything else: thank you for pursuing the idea and also sharing it with us. I think its great you are doing this.

In answer to your question: In theory (or at least until I see photos of the repro) yes I would be interested, in particular with one of those interesting pleated or belted backs from the 1910s or early 1920s that Dinnerman and HBK keep posting. In a nice tweed please! The price point you suggest is comparable to Bookster or Old Town which have similar offerings.

I see I've received a few people who would be interested in a tweed version. As well with the belted backs. As I was only looking at this one jacket being in gray. I will look into also making a second jacket with tweed and a belted back. I will stay within the 1910s to 1920s
Thank you all for being interested. I will get started and get the examples out to you soon.
My whole reasoning of bringing this jacket back into production is because theirs a lot of character and a timeless look to it. Also I feel a lot of the clothing designs today are not to par. Quality is a huge factor.
Again thanks for the input and idea of using tweed.

coble

A-List Customer
Ok I am having tweed samples sent to me. I'm looking at doing both models of this jacket. The gray with a wrap around belt. And a tweed with a belted back. It will take me about 8 weeks before you see both models but I want to make sure they are perfect.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Coble I like Chasseur I am interested in the belted back with an action back a tweed would be great. I view this like Johnny J's Cap's It's a vintage style that I know I will never have a chance to get in my size.:)

coble

A-List Customer
here is a photo of the sample of the 12 ounce bankers wool i will be using. This is for the version with the front belt strap.

69750_10151285456900350_305686674_n.jpg

coble

A-List Customer
Still working on this jacket. I'm trying to get it as accurate as possible. I will post photos as soon as i feel its ready. Things have turned around a great deal for me. My wife has been dealing with health issues, so i had to put things on hold. I am now making leather wallets, belts, business card holders, and should be in a shop in austin. I'm also working on getting and early 1860-1890's leather and tweed bag made, those designs are on the drawing board. With my leather work i don't use machines, everything is by hand i saddle stitch my bags, and wallets. I will have a page up soon where you can view that. The jacket is the clothing part i am trying to get worked out as well. So i've been really busy you could say. Because i do this on the side.
My main job is i work for Sunbody Hats, and have shaped 4 hats for an upcoming movie that when trailers come out i'll let you kow. I also work on all orders being shipped out, and am currently working on getting a traditional 1930's boater straw hat made by us at sunbody hats. That prototype came in, its not their yet, but is in great direction. So i've been busy, so guys i hope you can bear with me, if it takes 2 months or so on the jacket, because things have taken off.
I am taking your guys opinions of what you would like in this jacket, hopefully i can get it to what you guys are wanting and hoping for.

Good Afternoon Loungers,

I am reproducing this 1910 jacket for my company and will be selling it for 400 dollars. It will be made with either 12 ounce Bankers Grey flannel wool, or a charcoal Gray Wool Flannel.
It will have a natural cotton lining. It will have two exterior patch pockets at waistline with flaps, one left breast pocket on slant and curved with 3/4" flap; with removable waist belt and attached belt loops.
Sizes are medium 40R, large 44R, XL 48R.
The XL 48R will be an extra 25 dollars.
I am posting this to find out who would be interested in buying my reproduction of this 1910 jacket. From when you order it will take 7 weeks after receipt of order.
I will start taking names of who's interested and post when things go into production.

396197_10151281203220350_1604993573_n.jpg

look forward to hearing from you all.
cant see picture ?
vm

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
That is cool that you are doing this. I would say you should also market heavily to steampunk fans, maybe traditional english sporting fans, if you do tweeds, and goths in general, or at leat the goths who are into vintage looks.

I must say, I think it is very short sided to do only a jacket. some people would be interested in a jacket, but many more would be interested in a full suit. And since doing pants is surely much easier than a jacket, why not do pants? You might sell afew just as pants, a lot of suits, and some jackets. But why cut your business in half when you can easily add pants (thus, full suits) to your line?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo