Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help with leather jacket size suggestion for a few brands.

All good advice!

There is not “The Answer” that your are looking for. Sizing varies a lot between makers (as you’ve already discovered) and even with a specific maker, sizing will be inconsistent between models (in Vanson, I can be. 40, 42 or 44, depending on model; Aero‘s 1950s inspired design are two full sizes larger than their „Premier Range“ with the 1930s model ranging in between).

What nobody can help you with is your personal fit peferences. Do you like your jackets skintight, do you want to wear multiple layers? What do you like re sleeve length? Do you want to ride in your jacket? You get the drift…

Try on a lot of jackets, measure them (yourself, as everybody does it slightly different) to get a feel for the numbers that work for you. Be mindful that leather-thickness plays a part, and that not every pattern works with the same dimensions.

Once you decided on the jacket you want to go for, it should be easier. You stand a good chance to get size and info on a lot of ‘standard‘ models around here. Most makers/sellers are also very willing to discuss numbers with you (some don’t, so make extra sure to voice your fit preferences very loudly).

It’s not as complicated as I make it sound, but especially with pricier jackets you want to get it right first time around.

Exra-advice:

Once your equipped with your dream jacket, do show it around here. but don’t - I repeat DO NOT - ask how it fits you. The variance of answers would just freak you out!

Awesome. And the extra advice is spot on. I don’t get why people ask. If it feels good when it’s on, perfect. Now go look in the mirror, if you like it you like it. Done. Wear the heck out of it.

morrison2951

Practically Family
Welcome! Fit is so subjective.

If it feels good and you like it, just go with it. I've bought several pre-owned jackets in our Classifieds. Start here before flea bay, etc.

tuanhng614

Familiar Face
Exra-advice:

Once your equipped with your dream jacket, do show it around here. but don’t - I repeat DO NOT - ask how it fits you. The variance of answers would just freak you out!

This cannot be truer I have read through many fit check post and the outcome

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
use denim jacket as a size guide, don't use a a jacket with shoulder pad like a blazer, also because blazer are not fully buttoned, you need a jacket you can button or zip up totally, and not made from material that stretches like sweater, so try denim jacket or canvas jacket, it would be closer to leather jacket

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner