Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Putting initials in a sweatband

mattface

Practically Family
So I think it's kinda nifty when I get a vintage hat with someone's initials in it. It links it back to the original owner, and the history already in the hat. I once saw a hat on Etsy from a Detroit hatter with my grandfathers initials in it, that was ALMOST enough to get me to buy it, but it was way too small, so I couldn't wear it and I couldn't pretend my grandfather had ever worn it.

It would be way niftier though if it had MY initials in it, and when a sweatband needs to be replaced, or on a new hat or one with no initials in it, I'd love a classy looking way to put my own initials in the sweatband. So I'm tapping into the collective knowledge of the lounge, has anybody done this? Do you have any DIY tips, or can you point to places to get it done? I've seen the punched initials, and gold stamped ones. personally I think gold stamped initials looks way classier, but seems more difficult to accomplish DIY. The easiest thing would probably be a leather stamp from tandy leather, which would be not a bad way to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff