Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question for serious seamstresses/tailors

Snookie

Practically Family
I got a Viking Platinum 735 about 4 months ago, and I really like it. I thought a lot about the bells and whistles I wanted, and invested in a machine that excelled in those things, without paying for things I wouldn't use. It handles thin and slippery fabrics vary well. I haven't tested it with a heavy denim, but I've never had a problem yet with any fabric I've sewed.

It doesn't have as much power as an industrial, of course, but it has all sorts of other things. Like a great buttonholer and a blind hem stitch.

Any other questions? What other equipment are you considering buying (instead of or in addition to)?

Shimmy Sally

We have most everything covered, aside from embroidery.
Thanks for the input. I'd heard mixed reviews about Viking, but don't have first hand experience. It just seems to depend who you ask. One complaint I'd heard is constantly requires expensive repairs. I'd also heard that the fabric sensor is amazing. That is a great feature.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner