Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question for the Canucks...

FurFeltFedora

A-List Customer
I'm trying to track down an online store (US or Canada) where I can get a couple of hat brushes (dark and light) where the shipping isn't twice the cost of the brushes. I've hit all the regular places but once I calculate shipping it's been as much as $65 US :eek:

Any suggestions?

suitedcboy

One Too Many
I don't know where in the great white north you are but have you looked at Lammle's western wear?
Western wear stores in Canada should be carrying those hat brushes.
The ones I have are stamped "M & F Western Products"

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
1. You can go down to you local Walmart and buy a shoe brush that will work just the same.
2. Try a Lammles/tack shop, if you have one near you.
3. You can try contacting the girls at http://www.headcasehats.com/ and see if they ship.

Where in Canada are you? Maybe we can track down a hat shop locally for you.

Johnny

G MAN

One of the Regulars
If your looking for a quick alternative I've been using a 3" paint brush for years now, It's great for dusting off your lid and you can get one with dark and another with light bristles.

FurFeltFedora

A-List Customer
G MAN - I've been thinking about a good paintbrush as an alternative, especially the natural hair ones. Seems to be it should be just as good.

johnnycanuck - I'm on the Rock, there is nothing near me :) Actually I contacted a few local places and nobody had anything. I've tried the shoe brush but I would one big problem - the bloody hairs keep coming off. I'm sure after some time it would stop, but the hat ends up dust free and covered with brush hairs.

FurFeltFedora

A-List Customer
Expect for Penman's I couldn't find any place with a decent shipping rate so on the way home today I got a high quality beaver cut (flat end) 3" brush and it works great. Soft enough that if won't damage the felt but really gets the dirt out - dirt I didn't know I had in fact. The shape is also great for getting in and around the crease of the crown. Thanks to all who responded with suggestions.

TGwaH

New in Town
Next time I am in Guelph, I could stop by the Biltmore factory outlet and I could take a look for you.

Or if you don't mind waiting until September, I could pick one up for you at the Hatter when I go to pick up my fedora.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart