Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question re: Miller Hats

Dogface

New in Town
I've visited their online store and they seem to have some pretty nice quality brands at decent prices. They also have their own store brand, but question is, who makes them and what's the quality like ? I have taken a liking to their so called Westside which is a fawn version of the OR or so it looks, anyway. Does anyone have input on this hat or their store brand hats ? I'd like to think that this Westside is not rock hard like the new OR's. At least the price seems reasonable at $135.

www.millerhats.com/dresshats_index/fullsizecrown.html

cybergentleman

A-List Customer
miller hats and the rain

bruce wayne said:
my Miller Raiders tapered like no ones business after a light misting to recrease it.

well, regarding this.

I recently emailed Miller hats the following:

" 1) How much taper does the crown of the following item have: Style: 1161 "Browndale Dress Hat" I prefer a hat with straight sides to the crown, like true vintage fedoras. 2) how well do your miller fedoras stand up to rain and the weather? thank you"

I received the following reply:

"It is not a very tapered crown. Most fedora hats are made out of fur felt which has some resistance to weather. However we do not recommend getting them wet, since they can loose their shape. You can scotch guard the item for better weather protection or the best thing is to wear a rain cover."

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
That sounds about right. As vendors go, Miller is very honest and good to work with. Like any purchase, though, research is best to know what you are buying. If you want a fair-weather hat as-is, they are among the best to buy from, and they look very nice.

HatRak

Familiar Face
I haven't bought from them recently (last three years or so) but I have two Borso's from them and was thoroughly pleased with them in all my dealings. Both hats arrived quickly, the price was better than I could find elsewhere, and all was exactly as described. They are on my "go to" list for a hat - in fact I'm looking at one of their house models right now.

Havana

One of the Regulars
I have purchased two Miller brand quality straws from them and would do so again. Both hats were made by Biltmore of Canada.

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Thanks for the input, everyone.

In this day of Web-based business, it's sometimes hard to find out who also has good people skills, until it's too late.

This is the sort of information that is very helpful.:eusa_clap

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
How about their straw line? For example, the Style 1389 "Virginia Beach Straw Hat," here: http://millerhats.com/genuinepanama_index/panama.html

I like the style and the narrow belt band. Is this a good price for a grade 6 panama? (I've seen listings for "grade 20" panamas, so I'd guess this Miller one is a ways down the scale, but it's a nice-looking lid. . . .)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot