Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Give him a call and do small talk first. Don't get too personal and such. Just test the waters.

If I liked the girl I wouldn't be turned off if she called me, only if she started going over board on the flattering. That's just because I'm super modest. Oh yeah and then there's the time the 57 year old widow called and asked me out. Talk about scaring the (censored) out of me!!!!

Rosie

One Too Many
Thank you everyone for your thoughts, suggestions and opinions.

I'm not accustomed to airing personal business but, I'm not sure about this one.

Details without too many details:

He is the relative of a very good friend (the very good authority)

I have his number because I held a holiday party which he attended. I got his number when he called my number because he was lost on his way to said party

He and I have spent time together in groups and he is VERY nice (and smart and good looking)

He holds doors for me, hails taxis for me, helps me into said taxis, and is generally VERY nice to me

He thinks I'm a bit independent and thinks I may be dating someone else (one of the reasons he may not call me)

I know he is very single (we run in the same circles)

I've also heard he is a bit intimidated by me but in a good way, like in awe

I'm very perplexed. I'd like to call but then again, I kind of think its his job.

I do like the idea of giving him MY number directly, (instead of on an invite) and telling him to call me. I think I'll go that route.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Rosie, go ahead and call him. You know him, he knows you so there's obviously some camaraderie/chemistry between you two. So I don't think he'd be freaked out out if you called him. What freaked me out about the widow, not only because she was 27 years older than me (well, yeah that was the MAIN reason), but also was that she was a customer who walked into the office and saw me once. Now, I'm conceited, sure, but come on woman; 27 years older!!!!!!! :D

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lincsong said:
Rosie, go ahead and call him. You know him, he knows you so there's obviously some camaraderie/chemistry between you two. So I don't think he'd be freaked out out if you called him.

Yes, Rosie, you kind of do know the guy. Why not?

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, just don't start off by telling him what a wonderful guy you think he is, how nice is his smile and how charming he is, etc. etc. Sometimes, when a gal comes right up and tells me that, even if I know her for a couple months and such, it is a little uneasy. Those types of compliments need to be saved for much later into a relationship, not poured on before the first date.

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lincsong said:
Yeah, just don't start off by telling him what a wonderful guy you think he is, how nice is his smile and how charming he is, etc. etc. Sometimes, when a gal comes right up and tells me that, even if I know her for a couple months and such, it is a little uneasy. Those types of compliments need to be saved for much later into a relationship, not poured on before the first date.

Right. Good strategy.

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
considering the story I think you could call him. If he asks how you got the number you have resonable explanation.
Keep the going out suggestions casual but just the two you.
Good luck.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Pilotguy299 said:
Did you ask the very good friend for advice? Maybe the friend can drop a hint to him for you and let you know how he reacted.
Exactly. As I mentioned earlier, this person is the natural conduit as it was he who advised Rosie of the gents interest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR