Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quick Stick Hat Rack

Seems like a good idea but in flies in the face of "never set your hat down on the brim" statements. That thing actually presses your brim into the vehicle ceiling, not much pressure but still some. Guess it would be okay for a cheap straw western but would wonder about a nice felt hat brim getting distorted... [huh]

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
gtdean48 said:
Seems like a good idea but in flies in the face of "never set your hat down on the brim" statements. That thing actually presses your brim into the vehicle ceiling, not much pressure but still some. Guess it would be okay for a cheap straw western but would wonder about a nice felt hat brim getting distorted... [huh]

I had the same thing in my truck as a kid and the spring was real dang stiff, worked great for a stiff straw cowboy hat but it would've done a number on a softer felt fedora.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
I have improvised 2 solutions so far. My first was basically a cardboard ring secured to a flat cardboard base. I kept that on my seat and put the hat in it crown down, just like the inside of a hat box.

However, since extra passengers and lots of cargo have become more frequent, I really simplified. I saved a margarine tub, cleaned it up really well, including the top. Then I used tape to set it on top of my dashboard in the center, far forward enough to accommodate the widest and tallest hat I own. It looks cheesy, but it does the job. One day I'll figure out how to make it look more presentable.

Daoud

One of the Regulars
I know this sounds like crazy talk, but mostly I just keep my hat ON MY HEAD in the car. Occasionally I drive a car with a headrest that gets in the way of the hat, so I either lean back harder or take the hat off and THROW it on an unoccupied seat. I'm not a hat abuser, but I don't coddle my hats either. I've got a couple of oldies that need gentler treatment,and they get it, but the rest of my collection gets worn. Hell, I don't need 'em to outlast ME.

That's slick...

Not-Bogart13 said:
...I saved a margarine tub, cleaned it up really well, including the top. Then I used tape to set it on top of my dashboard in the center, far forward enough to accommodate the widest and tallest hat I own. It looks cheesy, but it does the job. One day I'll figure out how to make it look more presentable.

but it sounds uber functional. I'd do that, but the dash in my liberty is way too small for anything like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy