Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralphs-Pugh Company

Sitting here waiting for the mailman to deliver my Ralphs-Pugh jacket. I found some info.
The factory was located at 532 Howard St. in San francisco. I also found this:
Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 1.19.14 PM.jpg

Turns out that Leather jackets were a bit of a side project during WW2, along with rubber-lined wading boots and gloves.

Last edited:
It cleaned up very nicely, but unfortunately it has some issues. I used Lexol to clean it. Then I applied Chamberlain’s Healing Balm. I’m in contact with a couple of people about repair work. Does anyone have access to an old steerhide jacket that I could use for hide parts?

Leigh H

Practically Family
Cool time capsule! Fits you nicely... how does it look inside? Any fraying on cuffs?
And from the first picture it looks like re-lined, right?
It’s had a few repairs from what I can see, new lining, new inner collar and I think a part of the arm panel. Which you can see on the left side from the back photo. Sleeves are fine.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Love that Collar!

This is style that RP used from the 40s until the early 50s. For civilian use they deleted the badge holder and placed zipped pockets. The civilian jackets also have zip sleeves.

this example looks to be Steerhide? I have this police jacket in horsehide and a civilian jacket in steerhide.

The picture well demonstrated the fine leathers that RP used.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points