1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

Ralphs-Pugh Company

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by VillainOfNash, Feb 14, 2018.

1. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Sitting here waiting for the mailman to deliver my Ralphs-Pugh jacket. I found some info.
    The factory was located at 532 Howard St. in San francisco. I also found this:
    Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 1.19.14 PM.jpg
    Turns out that Leather jackets were a bit of a side project during WW2, along with rubber-lined wading boots and gloves.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    dannyk and Gamma68 like this.
  2. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

RPfront.jpg
    RPback.jpg

3. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Man how on earth did this company ever make that?!?! Surely I'm missing something!
    Capture.PNG

4. Gamma68

Gamma68 One Too Many

If @handymike's post above is a Ralphs-Pugh (as his post suggests), then I think we've successfully identified the jacket @technovox inquired about in another thread (pictured below):

[​IMG]

AbbaDatDeHat, technovox and handymike like this.
  5. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

It’s the same jacket :).

6. Gamma68

Gamma68 One Too Many

One and the same? Wow, it cleaned up superbly! Tell us how you went about it.

7. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

It cleaned up very nicely, but unfortunately it has some issues. I used Lexol to clean it. Then I applied Chamberlain’s Healing Balm. I’m in contact with a couple of people about repair work. Does anyone have access to an old steerhide jacket that I could use for hide parts?