Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralphs-Pugh Company

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Another amazing RP discovery. I don't think I have this jacket in my achieve, maybe another similar.

Pot metal War Time zipper stop. The ones I own do not have any numbers as earlier ones do. This has a distinct 3 and a letter I can't make out. I would say 1943 month unknown.

Now know that label goes back to 43.

These guys were amazing, just look at that jacket! Top Notch all the way!

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Here is an irony:

I had a 3 hour visit with the originator of this thread, @VillainOfNash, This very morning!

This is what I'm left with!

20230412_131914.jpg
20230412_131905.jpg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Out of your entire collection, that's what you're left with?!
No, it is all here. A great opportunity to talk jackets, Kyle is a cool guy. I got out some to examine and compare. This is part of that. He has jackets I don't. We agreed on most things jackets, kinda like talking to yourself. He was passing by on his way home.

Reactions: jeo

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
He knows my collection from YouTube. He told me his favorite jacket of mine. Another moment of synchronicity.

A brown jacket is about all he could describe. I have predominantly black jackets, so this should be easy.Then I figured it out.

The jacket is one of my favorites too, but there is more which relates to another Lounger. A picture will tell the rest.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I appreciate your comments, credit goes to others here more than I. Honestly I've kept my Ralphs-Pugh jackets kinda hidden. They are special in many ways. It is their history, a company still in business, that captivates me. They were creaters. That feeling is spreading with each jacket that is posted here and they land in folks hands. Then you want another; that is a mission of effort, knowledge, patience, money.

What size do you wear? Dreams can come true!

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Straight Zipped Ralphs-Pugh police jacket with 40s Talon zipper. Lining is changed. RP used Union labor. Distinctive back design. The Horsehide does look substantial.

This jacket and my brown one are the only straight zipped RP police jackets I have documented. The brown jacket is c.1950. They used straight in civilian models.

DSC00075.JPG

DSC00084.JPG
DSC00085.JPG
DSC00081.JPG

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Is it me or do most vintage jacket labels looks like they are put on after the lining has been put in. Most looks like they are hand stitched, some only stitched on three sides.

jeo

One Too Many
Lining is changed.
I could see the old stitch holes of the lining on the listing photos. It made me question whether or not that label was original to the jacket, even more so the horse high tag. I’m assuming that it was but you never know. I knew though that it was RP, the back design is unmistakable.

This jacket and my brown one are the only straight zipped RP police jackets I have documented. The brown jacket is c.1950. They used straight in civilian models.

View attachment 507404

View attachment 507406 View attachment 507407 View attachment 507405
This is one of my favorite jackets of yours. A true gem. If it was mine, and if I were to ever list it for sale, I would ask for big bucks.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I could see the old stitch holes of the lining on the listing photos. It made me question whether or not that label was original to the jacket, even more so the horse high tag. I’m assuming that it was but you never know. I knew though that it was RP, the back design is unmistakable.

This is one of my favorite jackets of yours. A true gem. If it was mine, and if I were to ever list it for sale, I would ask for big bucks.
I'm wanting for you to appraise all my jackets for sale going forward, at least a consultation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21