Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralphs-Pugh Company

I went digging around in my pockets for a size tag…no luck, but one pocket does still have the original lining.
B92CE949-A999-4BF3-B38C-95442E9D1114.jpeg

jeo

One Too Many
Dang, this is tremendous I gotta say.

Fits you well, jeo. Shoulders and everything. Incredible style as well. Plain and simple yet packs a punch.

One hell of a jacket, ain't it?

Thanks man. Yes, a hell of a jacket indeed. These RP's are some of the best.

jeo

One Too Many
The back shot looks like the same leather as my Fashion clothes RP. a very distinctive color and texture. I have not seen another leather quite like it. It is also steerhide. almost a greenish cast.
Yes this steerhide is incredible. It's the same as on my Top Notch just more worn in and faded. Mine also has stitch lines where there used to be corduroy on the collar just like on your Fashion Clothes RP.

Batoidea

One of the Regulars
rptn1.jpg
rptn2.jpg

rptn3.jpg

Super cool RP Top Notch that I came across on Y!Japan at what appeared to be a great price and in a very small size that I was willing to gamble would still fit me. Was ready to grab it until I saw an additional photo of some pretty bad leather cracking in one of the sleeves (which the seller notes is the case for both sleeves). So close and yet so far... :(

Leather Walker

Practically Family
This catalog image is from the RP company. It is framed in one of the offices. They have no other information I was told.

The catalog does not have a date. I would guess c.1950. The Patrol jacket is their standard police jacket and their standard MC jacket. These styles go back to the mid 40s.

View attachment 535997
Thank you for sharing this shot, @tmitchell59! Wow... the price of the Top-Notch was $123 in the 1950s (which is equal to $1400 nowadays).

I've found this caption from Rin Tanaka's book "Motorcycle Jackets: Ultimate Biker's Fashions":
RP.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelSturm