Rate My Look

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by StanleyVanBuren, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Call Me a Cab

Definitely a better collar for you. Well done. You wouldn't be hurt if you went with a still higher collar, but this is an improvement. I'm with those who would advise you to get rid of the tennis-ball-sized knot, but that's up to you.

2. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Registered User

I've never seen such a thing. This shirt has the highest collar I've ever seen on a shirt before. I'll measure it when it get home, it's seriously huge.

I'm sure if I went bespoke or even MTM I could get a higher one, I suppose.

3. Tomasso

Tomasso Incurably Addicted

The back collar height looks fine bit the front stand could uses a bit more height.

Don't blame the knot, blame the collar. The knot size would be mitigated with the choice of a collar with a less severe spread (and zero tie space).

4. Rooster

Rooster Practically Family

WOW ! What a knot! You could use that as mideval armor.;) I'm more of a four in hand guy personally. I think you wear darker suits better than lighter ones. Looks good.....except for that knot....

5. StanleyVanBuren

I'm wary of anything other than a spread collar with such a high collar as I'm not looking to achieve a 70s look. Too little spread and I'd end up looking like Roger Moore in The Spy Who Loved Me.

But anyway I really do like the spread collar look more, and I think it suits me. It's more of a London look, and not what most people are used to seeing where I live, which I like.

6. Jovan

Jovan Suspended

I think a half-Windsor could work fine if you just want to fill out space. [huh]

7. KittyT

KittyT I'll Lock Up

I'm with the others here on this one Mr. VanBuren :) Mostly, I find that the large knot draws one's eye away from your stellar smile down to your neck!

8. StanleyVanBuren

[​IMG]

9. Dagwood

Dagwood Practically Family

ACCKK...Now the head is gone!! What have we done?

10. Tomasso

Close the spread, tie a FIH and call it a day.

[​IMG]

11. Rooster

Rooster Practically Family

Wow, I had no idea those modern ties couldn't take a FIH. Too much material. You might see if you can find a silk tie that is constructed in a more vintage fasion , it ought to tie better.
    I've not run into that problem, I only wear old ties.... of course I don't work at a law firm either....:whistling

12. Jovan

Jovan Suspended

My modern ties make a small knot with a four in hand...

13. Slicksuit

Slicksuit One of the Regulars

I'm going to be the dissenting opinion and state that I like the choice of tie knot and collar. As Stanley said, he's going for the British look, which I think he executed nicely. My only criticism is the lack of a dimple in the tie knot, which can be difficult to achieve when trying to do a large knot. I like the chalk stripe of the suit's fabric, as well.

14. imoldfashioned

imoldfashioned Call Me a Cab

[​IMG]

I love this shirt--especially with the french cuffs.

15. imoldfashioned

[​IMG]

Love this tie, but not with this outfit--I think you need a wider one for this suit.

Very sharp suit fabric.

16. imoldfashioned

[​IMG]

This is my favorite overall outfit so far except for the shoes. Love, love the shirt tie combo and great suit.

Sorry I'm not giving advice on the fit; I'll leave that to folks more expert than myself.

17. imoldfashioned

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Your hair looks so much better flat--puts the focus on your face and your eyes really jump out (in a good way!).

I like the sweater and shirt but I'd wear a different pair of pants--these seem too formal. Maybe brown or dark tan? I can't see your shoes well enough to comment.

18. imoldfashioned

Very nice! This is my new favorite, especially the patterned/textured tie.

19. Tomasso

Let's say A British look ,which is currently popular with the footie crowd.

20. StanleyVanBuren

That's not a 4IH. ;)