Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Arizor

One of the Regulars
Selling only because I've grabbed a size up. This fits really nicely, but I want to layer in winter with a thick hoody, and this is just a bit tight for that.

Probably about 2 months wear, so much life left in this, absolute beauty, looking forward to receiving my size 46...!

Bought for $1900USD, looking for $1500USD.

Description from Real McCoys:

The most iconic jacket from Buco, recreated by the Real McCoy's. The genuine Horsehide vegetable tanned and Aniline Dyed Leather jacket is a true American classic and was originally used for competitive moto racing in the 1950s.

Vegetable Tanned Horsehide (Pigment Finish)
Rayon Lining McCoy Square Front Zipper,
50s Talon Sleeve Zippers
Seven Link Chain Pocket Zippers
Buco DOT Button
Made in Japan

Measurements (inches):

Chest: 23"
Sleeve: 26"
Length: 27"
Shoulders: 19.5

BucoFrontProfile.JPG
BucoCloseUp.JPG
BucoArm.JPG
BucoZip.JPG
BucoLabel.JPG

Arizor

One of the Regulars
I’m interested, and fairly local (LA). DM, call, or text. 347-671-3996. Thanks, Misha.

Hey Misha! Our definition of "local" varies, I'm in Melbourne, Australia :). But happy to mail to the USA, have done so a few times before, most recently to folk like @Eric Tehrani who can attest I ship quickly and keep the buyer informed; I'll also pay half the shipping.

Roy Hobbs

One of the Regulars
Hey Misha! Our definition of "local" varies, I'm in Melbourne, Australia :). But happy to mail to the USA, have done so a few times before, most recently to folk like @Eric Tehrani who can attest I ship quickly and keep the buyer informed; I'll also pay half the shipping.
Absolutely will vouch for @Arizor. I bought his Leon and it was a catch and release only because of my personal style. Jacket exactly as described in ad and shipped quickly. He just put up his Eric which I am promptly buying and paying PP F/F. no worries with this member!

VW1971

Familiar Face
@Arizor or any others familiar with this jackets sizing- I want to pick your knowledge. I recently bought this same jacket in a size 42 from another FL member and the shoulders and biceps areas are just too tight on me. Did you find that going from a 44 to a 46 made a difference in these spots? Was it much of a difference or just minimal? The length and sleeve lengths on my 42 are a good fit. I ask as I’m contemplating sizing up to a 44 and wanted to know if it would be worth it. Thanks in advance for any info.

Last edited:

Terminator

Familiar Face
@Arizor or any others familiar with this jackets sizing- I want to pick your knowledge. I recently bought this same jacket in a size 42 from another FL member and the shoulders and biceps areas are just too tight on me. Did you find that going from a 44 to a 46 made a difference in these spots? Was it much of a difference or just minimal? The length and sleeve lengths on my 42 are a good fit. I ask as I’m contemplating sizing up to a 44 and wanted to know if it would be worth it. Thanks in advance for any info.

I tried this jacket at Real McCoys Tokyo and I couldn’t get it to fit my shoulders and biceps, unfortunately. I seem to recall it was the 46 which felt just ok there, but was then too big elsewhere. I’m 186cm and about 83kg - not huge but I do go to the gym

VW1971

Familiar Face
I tried this jacket at Real McCoys Tokyo and I couldn’t get it to fit my shoulders and biceps, unfortunately. I seem to recall it was the 46 which felt just ok there, but was then too big elsewhere. I’m 186cm and about 83kg - not huge but I do go to the gym

Yeah I’m thinking sizing up just one size may not make a huge difference and going up a couple of sizes will throw everything else off. A real shame as this is such a great jacket. Let me know if you have any other suggestions for a comparable brand “Buco J-100” with a looser upper body cut. Thanks

BloodEagle

A-List Customer
For the record I had a RmC Buco J-100 in Sz 44 from a few years back which had very slim arms and shoulders - if I had been any bigger it would not have fitted. I recently (this year) bought a new Sz 44 J-100 from The Real McCoys and it is overall a much more genreous fit in the arms and fits much more comfortably- it also has a slightly shorter body which I prefer - if the OP's J100 was bought recently which it looks like it was it will probably follow suit.

VW1971

Familiar Face
For the record I had a RmC Buco J-100 in Sz 44 from a few years back which had very slim arms and shoulders - if I had been any bigger it would not have fitted. I recently (this year) bought a new Sz 44 J-100 from The Real McCoys and it is overall a much more genreous fit in the arms and fits much more comfortably- it also has a slightly shorter body which I prefer - if the OP's J100 was bought recently which it looks like it was it will probably follow suit.
Ok that explains a lot. Before buying my J-100 I tried on a brand new size 42 and it was definitely looser than the used one I ended up getting. Thank you, thought I was imagining it.

VW1971

Familiar Face

Arizor

One of the Regulars
Not off for me, but I’m 6’2 so ymmv? Sleeves start a bit long to account for shrinkage (ie wrinkles and bending over time shortening the sleeve), and the jacket length is fine for my torso.

That said I had no problems with my 44 listed here outside of the slightly tight chest, I honestly could wear either fine.

edit: bought the 44 early in the year from real mccoys London, bought the 46 from S&S last week.

Arizor

One of the Regulars
Hey @VW1971 , to help you out, pics of me in my size 44 and 46.

In terms of feel, the 44 is noticeably tighter in the bicep area, the shoulders, and the chest.

You can see it's a bit shorter in length and sleeves too.

If I didn't want to layer (hoody etc.), the 44 would be fine for my 6'2 frame, but the 46 just affords that extra wiggle room.

First the 44, which has had about 2 months of wear:
IMG_1526.jpg

Now the 46 (about 3 days of wear):
IMG_1525.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB