Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Real Panama OR. Now That's What I'm Talkin' About!

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
I have been looking for a vintage Panama OR...in my size...for years. I was looking for vintage because I assumed that Stetson no longer made Panama ORs. I thought they only made Shantung ORs. Well, my assumptions were wrong.

Here is my new real Panama, USA made, Stetson Open Road. Direct from Meyer The Hatter in New Orleans. I'm so happy with this hat that I could do back flips...which would be ugly.

Please excuse the color unbalanced phone photos. The color of the hat in real life is natural Panama...not the grayish color shown in the photos here.

232323232%7Ffp54382%3Enu%3D3277%3E%3A6%3A%3E246%3EWSNRCG%3D38%3C5%3A2338732%3Cnu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp734%3A7%3Enu%3D3277%3E%3A6%3A%3E246%3EWSNRCG%3D38%3C5%3A3887532%3Cnu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp734%3B3%3Enu%3D3277%3E%3A6%3A%3E246%3EWSNRCG%3D38%3C59%3B728732%3Cnu0mrj

AF

Last edited:

Ranbro

New in Town
Atticus, the pic looks very similar to the one I received a couple of months ago from Myer except mine does not have the little Stetson button (I probably would remove it anyway). I really do like the brim flanging and wear it snapped down slightly in the front and will probably reduce the upsweep in back as I prefer it a little flatter.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
I look forward to seeing one in 'action'.

Me too. From the pictures, it appears to have the same crown block shape and height as the Brewster. I bought my father a Brewster about 2 years ago. VERY nice modern hat, but the crown isn't very tall. With a little steam, the crease became much more square and less tapered. The Original 47 looks like a typical 40's/ 50's Stetson panama crown which from the few I have owned stood at about 4 1/4 inches at the front pinch.

DougC

Practically Family
Oh...that Panama hat WILL be mine! Atticus-I'm kicking myself for not looking at the Panama in NOLA three weeks ago. I was focused on the lack of new old stock Borsalinos...Great hat!

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Oh...that Panama hat WILL be mine! Atticus-I'm kicking myself for not looking at the Panama in NOLA three weeks ago. I was focused on the lack of new old stock Borsalinos...Great hat!

I just ordered a 7 1/2, violating my prohibition against hats of contemporary manufacture, I just hope the crown will not be too short or too damned tapered.
But I've had a ^&% week & Stetson deserves a positive response to, however tepidly, they are going out on a limb with this, the Stetsonian, Strato Premier and Runabout, IMO.
Very much looking fwd. to its arrival.

HEY MATT! What's next? And thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy