Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Real Panama OR. Now That's What I'm Talkin' About!

Florida_Marlin

One of the Regulars
Not a Genuine Stetson OR, but waiting for this Cuenca to arrive

ML Leddy Cuenca Panama OR Style
85a3fa4b2c7dcf39d7d01680fd693503_zps81277835.jpg
[/IMG]

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yeah MATT!

We have all our new summer hats from Stetson and Dobbs up on our Web Site now. That includes the Panama Straw Open Road
Matt did a great job with the new summer hats this year.

Jeff

Agreed! :thumb: he just doesn't have to do it all at once- my budget will suffer!

NICE look to that Stetson Orienter Straw Hat as well. Is that a 3 1/4" brim?

I gotta get one of those 47 folders in the next five weeks.
GOOD JOB! Thanks to all connected with bringing these future classics to market! :eusa_clap

VTporkpie

Familiar Face
We have all our new summer hats from Stetson and Dobbs up on our Web Site now. That includes the Panama Straw Open Road
Matt did a great job with the new summer hats this year.

Jeff

I've been waiting to see that foldable 47 in action, sounds like the perfect travel hat. Thanks to all who are making all these fine lids a reality and I'd love to see some pics from members who pick one up!

Florida_Marlin

One of the Regulars
Leddy Rebuild

Got my Leddy Cuenca OR style in the mail. Put the hat stretcher to it and the bonded sweat turned into this:
caab619c89d5b7e12dc51d4ce4019f5d_zps294e5d31.jpg
[/IMG]

So I sewed in a leather sweat taken out of a moth eaten Stetson, and put on a green grosgrain ribbon.

Nice Cuenca. Got a summer lid!
aeae9d938d2b260b55da2d5b159628ee_zps801c9ce3.jpg
[/IMG]

167cd78aa1426fd6d70f6c3a59ff69b6_zps6b45d557.jpg
[/IMG]

Landman

One Too Many
Marlin, great job! I really like the body of that hat. Looks like a very nice weave.

I just can't understand why these companies go to the trouble of making a nice hat and then put a cheap sweatband in it. They go cheap on the only part that actually touches your head! I know it has to do with cost but how much more could it cost to put a nice leather sweatband in the hat? I have always like Atwood Straw hats. They are a very sturdy western, pressed palm straw hat that is great for rough wear. However, they use a vinyl and cloth sweatband that makes you sweat like crazy. The first thing I do when I buy one is have a nice leather band installed!

Florida_Marlin

One of the Regulars
Thanks guys. Yes, it's a fairly nice llano weave, about 18per, nice and uniform with a nice color. It certainly needed a nice sweatband. The bonded sweat that didn't survive the stretcher tore like tearing a piece of medium weight construction paper. The nice thing about the straw, the holes are visible and it's easy to sew the sweat right back into the same holes. The other thing I like about it, they put the right amount of stiffener. Not too hard like a hard hat, but stiff enough to hold the brim firm. All around, it's a nice hat and luckily I had a surplus sweat that was just the right size.

Huertecilla

Banned
Long Hair and hat wearing doesn't mix too well. I know they are hitting for the youth market but that hat on that model does nothing to sell the hat.

It does not sell it to yoú but as you are not the target group, that does not say anything so neither that is does nothing to sell it to the youth market.

I don´t know either so have no opinion, but do hope it does as us old gits are not the market that can revive a quality hat industry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot