Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

REAL Workboots

Rambo66

New in Town
I need a pair of real workboots, I'm not talking about fashion work boots but real yard work, construction boots. Any suggestions?

Alexi

One of the Regulars
Chippewa #25290
chippewa-25290-lg.jpg

good looking and well made

celtic

A-List Customer
Rambo66 said:
I need a pair of real workboots, I'm not talking about fashion work boots but real yard work, construction boots. Any suggestions?

Are you talking about vintage, vintage inspired, or just in general?

Rambo66

New in Town
Boots to wear when doing work, I don't care what they look like so vintage, vintage-inspired etc is not something I care much about.

celtic

A-List Customer
Rambo66 said:
Boots to wear when doing work, I don't care what they look like so vintage, vintage-inspired etc is not something I care much about.

Well, they make certain boots for certain purposes. Loggers, Wedge-soles for pavement, waterproof, etc...

I've had Chippewa, Redwing, Georgia, and Carolina and they are all pretty decent. They all used to be made here in the US, but now most of their stuff is made overseas. The American made is better.
http://workingperson.com/products/22/1/Footwear.html

Thorogood still makes some nice boots here in the US.
http://www.thebootpro.com/products/dsp_productlinks.cfm?advsearch=&saletype=USA&salename=USAW

If money is no object, and you want the best,
google "wesco boots", "hathorn boots" "whites boots"

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Rambo66 said:

I swear by Sears DieHards. My trade is really brutal on work boots and the wear I get out of them versus the cost is great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats