Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recommend me a good newsboy cap that doesn't...

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
leave a really gnarly deep impression on my forehead. Are there any that have a good front/forehead padding that won't leave a mark on my forehead?

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
think so? It doesn't feel tight on my head. The piece in the front that rests against my head is sharp, not flat

Hhmmmmmm, if properly sized there shouldn't be an impression, but the geometry you describe is unusual. Even the bumpy surface of ostrich hide sweatbands (Black Sheep Hat Works exclusive!) don't seem to leave any impression when the lid fits right. Photos?

RJR

I've not had that issue but recommend any of the FL custom capmakers.They mostly use 1/2 or full leather sweats.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
My Hat People cap is sized correctly, and it does leave the impressions in my forehead. If it was any looser, it would blow off.

Whenever I've taken it off after wearing it for a while, I am reminded of Dr. Frankenstein's creature.

Same here, but my hard-headedness may be a factor...

Although I have had allergic reactions to some modern leather sweatbands containing chromate or dichromate in the tanning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR