Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recommendations for hat rejuvenation

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
All,

I've searched the forum, but haven't seen a thread which lists vendors who offer hat rejuvenation services. I've picked up a Worth & Worth in need of some love, but I'm unable to do the work myself. Pictures can be found HERE. The felt is extremely soft and light, and I don't want to take the chance of ruining the hat.

I've seen posts from various members who have either had work done or have done work on hats, but finding them when I *want* to find them is a challenge.

I'd like to get the ribbon either cleaned or replaced, the hat re-blocked and possibly have the brim trimmed to 2.5" or so. I prefer the look of a C-crown or teardrop, but am willing to give the person doing the work a good bit of artistic freedom as long as the result is something that I can wear to work without drawing more stares than any of my other hats.

Any advice is appreciated. PMs are welcome. I have no idea how much such a job costs, so any information about costs is welcome as well.

Thanks,

- Mark (S-4-C)

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Optimo does hat rejuvenation, but they're pricey. Also Black Sheep Hat Works does rejuvenation as well, and their prices are more reasonable.

You may also want to try one of our own Loungers like John Galt and see what he thinks. John Galt is doing a conversion for me and it looks really nice.

doberdadinmd

Familiar Face
I thought Optimo was pretty reasonable. They list their prices on the website under Hat Services, so you can decide for yourself. I was very pleased with the work they did on a felt Brooks Brothers of mine.

I think it's a safe bet that most of the hatters here on the Lounge will accommodate you, Mark. I believe Art Fawcett got started in hats by renovating oldies.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
I thought Optimo was pretty reasonable. They list their prices on the website under Hat Services, so you can decide for yourself. I was very pleased with the work they did on a felt Brooks Brothers of mine.

Not from a price they gave me sometime back for one. There's a few Loungers who do renovations. John Galt is doing a conversion for me. I'll be sending him another one to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav