Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

red lips and nails together with a ligh pink dress?

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
what would you girls wear on your lips and nails with a babypink halter dress with a full skirt, black crinoline, black shoes and black belt? I love the red lips and nails but would it clash?

Naama

Practically Family
Nah, I think it could work very well.... I mean, red fits to almost all kinds of pinks, and the lighter the pink, the better it works (I think babypink is a pastelle kind of pink?). And EVERYTHING matches with black, so I say go for it! Petter red then pink lips and nails I guess!

Naama

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
It depends. French manicure (or pink nails) and pink lips would look nice - and pink was very popular in the 50s. I wear read lips and nails with pink all the time though! When I'm wearing pink, I choose a red lipstick with more pink tones, though, say MAC's Glam instead of Russian Red.

You can see, the most recent photo I posted in the hairstyles thread, I'm wearing a dress with bright pink in it and matching earrings, and am also wearing red lipstick. It looks good!

Also, here are some pics from a past Boston meet up - I'm wearing a light pink dress with red lips and nails. Draw your own judgments about how you like the look :)

cheersoakbarxs0.jpg

kittytbellalegalpx3.jpg

NoirDame

One of the Regulars
If you look around you this time of year, you will see red and pink together everywhere...for Valentine's day. It's a great combo as long as it isn't an orangey red.

BlancheDubois

Familiar Face
I've always loved the combination of pink with a pinkish red and I second the recommendation for Revlon "Cherries in the Snow" lipstick and nail polish.

"Cherries in the Snow" has been a favorite of mine for many years.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Cherries in the Snow!

Besides the fabulous name, it's such a great shade!
I also especially like it layered over Mac's Ruby Woo.
And also, a plain bright red (neither orange nor blue) works great with pink.
Pink sometimes has the effect of washing me out (as it is pinker than my complexion) so I need the punch of red lips.

retromom147

One of the Regulars
BlancheDubois said:
I've always loved the combination of pink with a pinkish red and I second the recommendation for Revlon "Cherries in the Snow" lipstick and nail polish.
"Cherries in the Snow" has been a favorite of mine for many years.
I hear so much about this color...is there a pic of you wearing this color?
The hubby just can't understand how I could possibly need to buy so many red colors...lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff