1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

Regular shoe trees in boots?

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by memphislawyer, Nov 8, 2018.

1. memphislawyer

memphislawyer Practically Family

Is it OK to use Cedar shoe trees for my boots or should I get a boot tree?

2. Bobby Peru

Bobby Peru One of the Regulars

My boots don't extend beyond ~10 - 12 holes, and I use standard cedar shoe trees. Engineer style or taller may need a boot tree, but hopefully the real experts will chime in soon.

3. belfastboy

belfastboy Call Me a Cab

I have multiple pairs of Danner boots, 6" height and I have used regular cedar shoe trees for at least a decade. Work great. I use western boot shoe trees for my higher heeled western boots as they have the steeper more pronounced instep profile. For my ropers I just use regular trees.
    One of the loungers here advised me to be careful using cedar trees on exotic leather westerns as some of the hides are not as tough as cow and tearing from the shoe tree pressure could happen.

Short Balding Guy and Bobby Peru like this.
  4. memphislawyer

memphislawyer Practically Family

thanks for the last post. I have ostrich Luchessi boots and have trees in there