Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Remakes

HadleyH said:
Gilligan's Island remake. :confused:

You see? That's what I mean. It says there they want to " transport these cultural icons to the modern day"
Didn't ABC already do this? What did they call it...oh yeah, Lost. :D

Carlisle Blues said:
Too late HadleyH they have already been transported across time and space....:cool2:

020000001140.jpg
Bob%20Denver-SGS-015827.jpg
Just to be clear, you do know Dawn Wells is still alive, right? And, for the record, so are Russell Johnson and Tina Louise.

Naphtali

Practically Family
HadleyH said:
^
^
^

Gilligan's Island remake.:confused:

You see? That's what I mean. It says there they want to " transport these cultural icons to the modern day".... It's just too much honestly :mad:
Regarding remaking "Gilligan's Island," The Flying Nun," et al., the originals' existence still defies rational explanation. When these are explained/understood, the rationale for remaking will be understood.

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Zombie_61 said:
Just to be clear, you do know Dawn Wells is still alive, right?

Yep she was involved with a seabird sanctuary I was affiliated with where Pelicans could come to rest.

Actresses Dawn Wells, “Lovey,” and Alice Eacho, “Ginger,” visit backstage after the final performance of “Gilligan’s Island: The Musical.” (2007)

Gilligan's Island the Musical - How do you know you're in love
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOOy946mPGE

gilligan.jpg

Carlisle Blues

Naphtali said:
Regarding remaking "Gilligan's Island," the originals' existence still defies rational explanation. When these are explained/understood, the rationale for remaking will be understood.

One explanation is:

The island is a representation of HELL. Nobody on the island wants to be there, yet none are able to leave. Each one of the characters represents one of the 7 deadly sins:

Ginger represents LUST - she wears skimpy outfits, is obsessed with her looks;
Mary Ann represents ENVY - she is jealous of Ginger's beauty;
The Professor represents PRIDE - he is an annoying know-it-all;
Mr. Howell represents GREED - no explanation needed;
Mrs. Howell represents SLOTH - she has never lifted a finger to help on any of their escape plans;
The Skipper represents two sins: GLUTTONY - no explanation needed; and ANGER - he violently hits Gilligan on each show;

This leaves Gilligan. Gilligan is the person who put them there. He prevents them from leaving by foiling all of their escape plots. Also, it is HIS Island.

Therefore, Gilligan is SATAN.

Put them all together and they comprise any one person walking the earth.

Another is more simplistic. The males represent power position s or quasi leaders in their respective fields. I.E. The professor has a terminal degree and is in a respected field; Thurston Howell is a rich man and the Skipper commands men...lastly the hook Gilligan .....he represents a teenager with raging hormones...and where are they on a desert island with Ginger who exudes sex and Maryann very approachable and demure. Point being total escapism for the male population at least. Males of any age in fact. I do n pot think it was a chick show.

Gilligan's Island speaks to the human condition.

Carlisle Blues said:
One explanation is:

The island is a representation of HELL. Nobody on the island wants to be there, yet none are able to leave. Each one of the characters represents one of the 7 deadly sins...

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Great explanation!

I gotta write all this down... ;)

Carlisle Blues

LizzieMaine said:
Or even simpler, Bob Denver needed a job after "Dobie Gillis" was cancelled, and there were no openings in "McHale's Navy."

Were Tim Conway and Bob Denver going to vie in a Celebrity Death Match? With Don Knotts ready to be the second sea faring banana?

0.jpg

They went off course and were lost as well..
65mchalesnavy.JPG

I seem to recall that in the '70s Bob Denver and Alan Hale, Jr. were also in a Saturday morning kids show called Space Nuts -- a slight variation on Gilligan's Island -- where they played a pair of bumbling NASA technicians who accidentally launch themselves into space.

Carlisle Blues said:
One explanation is:

The island is a representation of HELL. Nobody on the island wants to be there, yet none are able to leave. Each one of the characters represents one of the 7 deadly sins...
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I'd never heard this comparison before. Terrific!

V.C. Brunswick said:
I seem to recall that in the '70s Bob Denver and Alan Hale, Jr. were also in a Saturday morning kids show called Space Nuts -- a slight variation on Gilligan's Island -- where they played a pair of bumbling NASA technicians who accidentally launch themselves into space.
Close, but not quite. The show was called Far Out Space Nuts, and Bob Denver co-starred with Chuck McCann, not Alan Hale Jr.. Denver and McCann played Junior and Barney (respectively), two maintenance workers who were launched into space when Junior mis-hears Barney say "Lunch!" and presses the "launch" button. After that it becomes a "kid show" version of Lost In Space as they drift from planet to planet trying to find a way home.

Feraud

Bartender
Speaking of remakes... I think I heard this a.m. on the radio Godzilla is scheduled for a remake.
It will no doubt be in 3D as this gimmick is latest Hollywood cash cow.

Feraud said:
Speaking of remakes... I think I heard this a.m. on the radio Godzilla is scheduled for a remake.
It will no doubt be in 3D as this gimmick is latest Hollywood cash cow.

Another one already?????

Didn't they just do a Godzilla remake several years ago?

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
A fishy tale

I hear tell that they are going to do a remake of The Incredible Mr. Limpet. I suppose it would depend on who they could get to play Henry Limpet.
It is suppose to be a mis of live action & animation as well. Who knows, it might be interesting.

Cheers!

Dan

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Another I've been hearing about is True Grit, with Jeff Bridges as Rooster Cogburn. It is supposed to be told from the girls point of view in this version. Might be interesting as I've never been disappointed in what Jeff Bridges puts out.

Cheers!

Dan

Feraud

Bartender
DanielJones said:
Another I've been hearing about is True Grit, with Jeff Bridges as Rooster Cogburn. It is supposed to be told from the girls point of view in this version. Might be interesting as I've never been disappointed in what Jeff Bridges puts out.

Cheers!

Dan
I doubt we will be disappointed at all. The Coen brothers are directing it and keeping close to the source material.

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
DanielJones said:
I hear tell that they are going to do a remake of The Incredible Mr. Limpet. I suppose it would depend on who they could get to play Henry Limpet.
It is suppose to be a mis of live action & animation as well. Who knows, it might be interesting.

Cheers!

Dan

I have heard that Jim Carrey wants to do the remake, but it's tied up in who-owns-the-rights limbo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy