Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Remix Shoes!!

Laura Chase

One Too Many
I tried on these Dara sandals in a shop here in Santa Cruz that had them on sale and although they are lovely in all other aspects, I have to say that the back is just super weird. The leather strap in the back makes this weird gap between the foot and the strap, it gapes. I don't know why they designed it like that, if the vintage pair they coped was like that or what... It was just not flattering. Maybe it would have been better in a smaller size (they did not have it in the shop). Anyone else has these? What do you think about the back? I was considering buying them before I tried them.

darasolbg.gif

clubwitsend

Practically Family
jetgirl said:
I got the greta in red and wore is so much, when they became discounted more I bought the green pair. In fact I think I have Inky to blame, er, thank for that heads up. They are fabulous.

Heehee! I just bought the green pair, too! They're on sale on Amazon for like $68!

texasgirl

One Too Many
Laura- I have the Dara's and they don't gap in the back on me? And I'm size 6 so maybe it's on the larger sizes, they made it too long or something. But there is a space back there. I was with my mom one day and she was like- oh your sandal has split! But I like the wider strap in back- it's comfortable. Maybe a cobbler could adjust them if you really like them. I was thinking my red pair, which is a dark red brick color- would look great with that green dress you posted :) I love that dress!

Laura Chase

One Too Many
It looked really awkward, but maybe because the size 10 was too big. The saleswoman just said that other people have also complained about it. I have to try the proper size in another store, hopefully in the real one in LA!

Does anyone here know if any shops in San Francisco carry ReMix?

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Hi ladies!

I've been lusting after Remix shoes for some time, but haven't purchased any as it's always risky buying shoes online.

Just wondering if you could tell me, generally speaking, if they are comfortable? Do the sizes run true to size, as in the same size that you usually wear?

Thanks!
BD
X

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Black Dahlia said:
Just wondering if you could tell me, generally speaking, if they are comfortable? Do the sizes run true to size, as in the same size that you usually wear?

I would call them "moderately" comfortable. I find them fine for everyday wear, but if I do a lot of walking my feet will start to hurt. They do have pretty decent arch support though.

As for sizing, it will tell you right on the website if they run true to size. All of their wedges use a different sizing chart, but it will tell you if you need to use that chart for sizing or not.

Inky

One Too Many
Black Dahlia said:
Hi ladies!

I've been lusting after Remix shoes for some time, but haven't purchased any as it's always risky buying shoes online.

Thanks!
BD
X

hi Black Dahlia - i am a fan of remix because I love wedge shoes and they have them in spades! I own quite a few pair and have been very satisfied with all of them. Their size charts are accurate and when I have emailed or called for sizing/availability help, they have always responded quickly.

I wear true to size (10) in all the shoes I own from them. Once i ordered a pair of 11's in a big amazon sale only to sell them to another lounger because they were too long, so now i stick with 10's.

I like an all leather shoe (with leather sole) because then I can wear them dancing and on the street and I find them more comfortable than synthetic shoes on my feet. I haven't had any wear problems with any of my remix shoes and recommend them. I also find them all comfortable but bear in mind i wear the wedges or a couple pair of the platform styles. I do have one pair of heels (the Kate) but I haven't worn those yet.

Hope that helps, you'll find some people don't like them, some do -

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Inky said:
I haven't had any wear problems with any of my remix shoes and recommend them.

I have. I wear mine all the time and the leather backing inside very quickly started to wear and crack, which cannot be fixed by a cobbler.

I do have one pair of heels (the Kate) but I haven't worn those yet.

I have a pair of the babydoll heels and while I love the way they look, I probably wouldn't purchase another pair for that price (actually, I'm cheap. I'd never pay retail for Remix) when there are other options available. I find the leather to be very stiff and overall of a seemingly lesser quality.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Sickofitcindy said:
I like the pair I have but I did notice based on other pairs I've tried, that the strap seems to be kind of short on some of the styles.

Your local cobbler can fix that for <$5. You can also fix it with an ice pick and a hammer lol

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Kitty & Inky, thank you both for your descriptions of the fit and quality of Remix shoes. Much appreciated!

By the way Inky, your hair is amazing!

And..where does one purchase them at non-retail prices..besides Amazon and Ebay?

X
BD

Inky

One Too Many
Black Dahlia said:
Kitty & Inky, thank you both for your descriptions of the fit and quality of Remix shoes. Much appreciated!

By the way Inky, your hair is amazing!

And..where does one purchase them at non-retail prices..besides Amazon and Ebay?

X
BD

Thank you very much Black Dahlia ;)

You can find a few pair, sometimes on sale at endless.com as well.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Wow, I didn't even know that they have styles that aren't even listed on their website. That's kind of... annoying [huh]

Sickofitcindy

One of the Regulars
KittyT said:
Your local cobbler can fix that for <$5. You can also fix it with an ice pick and a hammer lol

I wish it was just a matter of needing more holes. The straps were so short that if I had put another hole in the strap, the end would not buckle completely. I never thought my ankles were plus sized but if the shoe fits (or rather, doesn't).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner