Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Remix Shoes!!

Miss Sis

One Too Many
KittyT said:
Wow, I didn't even know that they have styles that aren't even listed on their website. That's kind of... annoying [huh]

Kitty, I completely agree! I saw some 30s style ones on Amazon that aren't on their website, and I think what is the point of having a website if you don't have all your styles on it???? Also their website is one of the worst I've seen to navigate - but that's another story.

SixSexSix, I have navy 30s shoes really similar to the red pair above with the mesh! They make my feet look tiny. Always good when you have size 9s. :)

Lily Powers

Practically Family
KittyT said:
Wow, I didn't even know that they have styles that aren't even listed on their website. That's kind of... annoying [huh]

Luckily, their shoe skills far outweigh their web skills! I've seen that red pump with the ivory fabric upper on their site (actually, "stumbled upon it somehow" is a better descriptor, because for the life of me, I can't find it now). They don't always have photos of all the color combos of their shoes either, which can really make a big difference in the aesthetic.

Dora Ainsworth

New in Town
Miss Sis said:
Kitty, I completely agree! I saw some 30s style ones on Amazon that aren't on their website, and I think what is the point of having a website if you don't have all your styles on it???? Also their website is one of the worst I've seen to navigate - but that's another story.

SixSexSix, I have navy 30s shoes really similar to the red pair above with the mesh! They make my feet look tiny. Always good when you have size 9s. :)

Miss Sis, I too, am a size 9, so don't worry, you're in good company! I just say that I have dancer's feet ;)

The problem I have with Remix shoes is that for my slightly wider-than-average feet they seem to feel a bit narrow in the heel. But I've found some amazing and comfortable vintage inspired shoes from Jeffrey Campbell. The wear like iron, I can run around the office in them all day and head out for the evening with no problem. And they have a real wooden heel, so they just look divine! When I get a chance I'll post pictures.

Happy Memorial Day weekend everyone!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Sickofitcindy said:
I wish it was just a matter of needing more holes. The straps were so short that if I had put another hole in the strap, the end would not buckle completely. I never thought my ankles were plus sized but if the shoe fits (or rather, doesn't).

Take them to your cobbler and have him cut the strap and put in some elastic. He can probably also just remove the buckle and add some elastic there to give you some extra give. This should be a pretty moderately priced deal.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
My mom got me the Balboas for my birthday. These are the first non-wedge Remix shoes that I've had that are comfortable. The heel is reasonable, 2.25 and they come in half size, which I need. I've tried their 40's pumps and had to either return or sell them. After trying these, I'm thinking about investing in some of their other 30's shoes.
4721059907_5929190eaf.jpg

4721059419_5a260266f7.jpg

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Has anyone here tried the Balboa shoe from Remix?
I have my eye on them and was just wondering if anyone owns them and has a review?
Sorry if it's been posted before in this thread and I missed it!

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
I have my eye on them and was just wondering if anyone owns them and has a review?

I have a pair of the Balboas in brown. I bought them about a year ago & they have had alot of use & have held up well.

The last time I was in LA I bought a pair of "opera" shoes - they are made from the same shoe last as the Balboa - I love these too.
OPERAburg-pair-floor3150.gif

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
A couple posts back is a picture of my Balboas. I love them! They are my most comfortable pair of heels. They fit much better than their wedges.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
LOL! How did I miss that? I must have not been on this page when I put "reply".
Great reviews, gals! I think I'll go for them. It's so hard to find cute shoes without monstrous heels!
Thanks for your help!

I Adore Film Noir

A-List Customer

I Adore Film Noir

A-List Customer
My mom got me the Balboas for my birthday. These are the first non-wedge Remix shoes that I've had that are comfortable. The heel is reasonable, 2.25 and they come in half size, which I need. I've tried their 40's pumps and had to either return or sell them. After trying these, I'm thinking about investing in some of their other 30's shoes.
4721059907_5929190eaf.jpg

4721059419_5a260266f7.jpg

They look so good on you and the outfit is perfect ♥

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
I just want to say that I'm a HUGE Re-mix fan. As of today I own three pairs, and they are my prettiest shoes! I have the Picassos in black, the Pleated toe sandals in soft gold, and the Glorias in white.
I'm not a high heel gal (maybe this will change with age?), I live in loafers and ballerina flats. I also have saddle shoes, Ked look-a-likes, and in the winter I wear old lady shoes from Ecco. I'm super practical when buying shoes to make sure I can wear them with everything, so almost everything I own is black or white. I make exceptions for $15 shoes, they can have crazy colors.
The Re-mix wedges don't feel like heels, but they look like them. I almost always wear them when I get dolled-up on weekends, and they're my favorite summer shoes (comfortable + perfect with dresses).
I'm an international customer and their service has always been great. I can only buy a pair every other year or so, since I not only have to pay for the shoes and international shipping, but customs + taxes $75, and then atleast $40-50 at the cobbler's to put a rubber on the front part of the sole. Still, it's worth it!

LittleMissToniJo

One of the Regulars
I just want to say that I'm a HUGE Re-mix fan. As of today I own three pairs, and they are my prettiest shoes! I have the Picassos in black, the Pleated toe sandals in soft gold, and the Glorias in white.
I'm not a high heel gal (maybe this will change with age?), I live in loafers and ballerina flats. I also have saddle shoes, Ked look-a-likes, and in the winter I wear old lady shoes from Ecco. I'm super practical when buying shoes to make sure I can wear them with everything, so almost everything I own is black or white. I make exceptions for $15 shoes, they can have crazy colors.
The Re-mix wedges don't feel like heels, but they look like them. I almost always wear them when I get dolled-up on weekends, and they're my favorite summer shoes (comfortable + perfect with dresses).
I'm an international customer and their service has always been great. I can only buy a pair every other year or so, since I not only have to pay for the shoes and international shipping, but customs + taxes $75, and then atleast $40-50 at the cobbler's to put a rubber on the front part of the sole. Still, it's worth it!

Can you explain the rubber on the front part of the sole? You mean the outside of the shoe? I'm curious!

RodeoRose

A-List Customer
My golden-colored Remix wedges are the love of my life!
3472048454_1417a523eb.jpg

They really are the most comfortable and well-crafted shoes I've ever worn; it feels like I'm in flats or sneakers. As a matter of fact, since we've finally started getting warm weather, I've been wearing them almost every day. As soon as I win the lottery/inherit a distant relative's fortune/rob a bank, I really want a pair of the Ritas in pink.

Their tooled sandals have also been on my wishlist forever now. Even if I became fabulously wealthy, though, I just don't think I could ever spend $300 on a pair of shoes :eek:.
hdakstrapredsm.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner