Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

replaceing hat band on akubra cattleman

tuco1963

One of the Regulars
im thinking of putting a new hat band on my sand akubra cattleman but i cant find anything to make it look less cowboyish and more hiker camper outdoor
any suggestions ?
thanks
charlie

bluesforchallah

Practically Family
im thinking of putting a new hat band on my sand akubra cattleman but i cant find anything to make it look less cowboyish and more hiker camper outdoor
any suggestions ?
thanks
charlie

I think by the true sense of the name, "Cattleman" and the style of hat, you may be a little pressed to make it look less cowboyish.

If you're looking for a more casual outdoors-man look, My suggestion would be to add a Campdraft to the collection if you haven't already. Just my $0.02.

img_3194-jpg.4601

campdraftwestward003.jpg

cmoy

One of the Regulars
I think by the true sense of the name, "Cattleman" and the style of hat, you may be a little pressed to make it look less cowboyish.

If you're looking for a more casual outdoors-man look, My suggestion would be to add a Campdraft to the collection if you haven't already. Just my $0.02.

img_3194-jpg.4601

campdraftwestward003.jpg

Those are NICE! Especially your first hat! Maybe this could be a nice alternative to a vintage Stratoliner or Open Road.

bluesforchallah

Practically Family
Those are NICE! Especially your first hat! Maybe this could be a nice alternative to a vintage Stratoliner or Open Road.

They're not mine, but examples I pulled from Google images. Though I do have a Campdraft in Silverbelly in my collection already, I also have one in Bluegrass Green, same as the first pic, on its way to me as we speak.

any suggestions ?
thanks
charlie
Charlie, you can make it look more "outback" by changing the band to a satin pug. Easy to do with hooks on both ends. If the brim looks a little too wide you might have to add a little bit of packer draw to the front & back of the brim.

http://www.shushans.com/sixthpage.html

GLB Pro

New in Town
thanks all
i guess i need to reembrace the cattleman for what it is
I have a 20 year old Cattleman that came with a combination braided leather hatband/chin strap - what I did was wind the chinstrap around the crown and tie a bow in front. Not sure if this achieves the look you are going for but it does get the chin strap out of the way:

0zzuIfXQybmqcQ1HshZ_dOC-ztI6NW5P-MZv6QdB3FpUUa54V9TQPV_aL81xLipPEWD5Yxp7bjiIFFAZAN8OL_66ijh49ruCdEu7zbpPpLjlMjNydjbygHTeGoihBZy-MGHAVQ3_Ujq50NZCYk-dHBve7OTHdbMtDrbRonulbdqbsdqwXZ699BonLfvZXz3BB1sH2Xeraqh9PeWpyA1DBgoQCGpDUOqiqwqRJ3PpDrZKX-e64wAfpfBgswwvXgiV0-eA5X8GEAtLqU98NIw-c-ikUrEAydladnrvmY-NSfemUcmDFwUZsJHWJ4qyKswjK99IAJdj3CBMrxVV_SsqOt16kDPgwFkrsDeFslXUCiLIkQYAL1h2kEBJa6hRtIVvwBxK4rM0TOxZfZMS44NONjUBivNE1vBx2As2RPnSAc2lCVw8FxEKW1Gg80umgjmpX0XykOks85WaCrjTp_AMns9jTOBWbLZXhUx4HYZWspaXkQE21lwoQq-LZtkdRUHAY5foY6fOG8iNCJpTAn4RkdJ7tvVivPZl4crQikOySvbFReY8o44hGHvMHjo9910Zm15E7jc3nYYq5Ru7Wn8xoM4nPDsCl6YDx7-qKC2-pqazBIi8EW8UuQoRV_gY0ZZ8NgxzI7yrGjjII7_GdlOqmVG_hWefeigrHxAat7Glow=w1299-h974-no

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If you really want to do something completely different use a bandanna/hanker chief to tie around the hat. Old British people were known to do that.
Johnny

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner