Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reproduction 50s stoves and fridges

leaette

A-List Customer
Have you seen Rachel Ray's repro 50's stove and fridge on her show? (BTW: I can't stand her, I was just flipping around and saw it)

They don't sell them at Sears or Home Depot, etc. Does anyone know where you can buy them? Does anyone know how much they cost?

I MUST HAVE!!!

towndrunk

New in Town
If you get a vintage fridge, have a look at a Servel. you can find them easily on ebay and they are virtually indestructable. they work better than modern electric/compressor fridges and no electricity required either. they still make them too by the way, but the new ones don't have the retro look. just the technology.

epr25

Practically Family
I have a 1955 Tappan delux Doughboy and a 1951 Hot Point fridge. Both aquired at a garage sale for $80 for both. The refridgerator had set for who knows how many years without being plugged in and fired up and has worked ever since. It had an odor to it but there is this awsome stuff (I can't remember the name of) that took this right away. The stove is so wonderful. It's a joy to walk into the kitchen and see it all the time. They don't go for that much on ebay. I would check out the originals. They're cheaper.

leaette

A-List Customer
I want a modern one. I want the energy efficiency. I had a 50's fridge in my last apt and while i LOVED it, it sucked up a lot of electricty and the freezer was tiny and was always freezing over, so i had to thaw it out a few times a year which was a pain.

wow....they are expensive though. $7,000 for a stove and fridge. way too much for our budget. i just hate the plain fridges they sell these days. so boring.

Foofoogal

Banned
I used to have the old Chamber yellow stove with the bean pot thing. This is until my niece who was about 12 at the time leaned against it and burned her belly pretty bad. The chrome gets very hot and I don't recommend them for anyone with children. They are beautiful though but weigh a ton. Wonder if the new repros have the same problem?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn