Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reproduction classic workwear

St. Valentine

A-List Customer
Update on my H&M French Worker jacket. I have been wearing it hard the last little while. I also replaced the buttons with some vintage black cats eye buttons.

Also wearing a Klaxon Howl navy watch cap, Klaxon Howl California Slim 15oz selvedge denim, and some Katahdin Iron Works boots. Sorry for the pissed off look. I was standing in for a light test on a shoot today.

IMG_4389.jpg

Went to H&M today to take a look at the blue workwear jacket. Well, the good thing is it looks exactly like a blue workwear jacket which is at the same time the bad news. Paying about 45 Euros for a simple blue workshop jacket (and I used one of those in my garage when I was tinkering on my motorcycles) is a bit too dear for my taste. They´ve got matching trousers as well. YMMV.... ;)
I found a nice blue "work"-shirt for a tenner and a Tweed waistcost for fifteen Euros in the discounted section instead.

p.s.: PCL you look cool in it anyway! :eusa_clap

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Went to H&M today to take a look at the blue workwear jacket. Well, the good thing is it looks exactly like a blue workwear jacket which is at the same time the bad news. Paying about 45 Euros for a simple blue workshop jacket
The problem is that I have seen other place sale the jacket at double that price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

potemkin_city_limits

One of the Regulars
Went to H&M today to take a look at the blue workwear jacket. Well, the good thing is it looks exactly like a blue workwear jacket which is at the same time the bad news. Paying about 45 Euros for a simple blue workshop jacket (and I used one of those in my garage when I was tinkering on my motorcycles) is a bit too dear for my taste. They´ve got matching trousers as well. YMMV.... ;)
I found a nice blue "work"-shirt for a tenner and a Tweed waistcost for fifteen Euros in the discounted section instead.

Luckily for me I only paid $30 or 23 Euros for mine. I wasn't really willing to pay $60 for it even though it is a decent enough looking jacket even at that price. The main difference between this one and any of the cheap blue work jackets you can probably find elsewhere would be that this one fits less boxy and doesnt have super short arms like I imagine most of the actual work jackets would.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
When this thread started I was scouring the countryside for a lot of what you can almost find at department stored here in LA. So many custom denim shops have popped up all over the place. Rising sun is actually a couple miles from where I live in Glendale. It's quite amazing how the style has become so big!

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just a little insider H&M insider info (I know people;)), the next markdown they take (next week I believe) will automatically be discounted an ADDITIONAL 50% off. So I have a feeling that jacket will get marked down to $20 which will then be $10. I'll keep you guys posted.
I have an LVC Sunset coat in that same blue so I haven't picked one up yet, but I will for $10!

potemkin_city_limits

One of the Regulars
Just a little insider H&M insider info (I know people;)), the next markdown they take (next week I believe) will automatically be discounted an ADDITIONAL 50% off. So I have a feeling that jacket will get marked down to $20 which will then be $10. I'll keep you guys posted.
I have an LVC Sunset coat in that same blue so I haven't picked one up yet, but I will for $10!

Nice. I was happy at $30. I would have been way happier at $10 though. It really is a decent jacket just not quite at $60.

Flat Foot Floey

Yes, same here. I got a vintage blue work jacket from Finland and don't feel like I need a fashion version too. They are more common in europe though. So one can just pick the things that fit the style and combine them to their own liking. I found that hickory stripe doesn't work for me for example. Others can wear them and look like a 30s railroad worker.

blazerbud

One of the Regulars
Anyone here like classic Denim workwear.
I found this on Ebay and couldn't help myself.

T2eC16ZyEE9s5jGJ6UBRMTctYw60_57.jpg

It's Stone Cutter, Universal Overall, Union Made. Never worn never sold, new but old. From storage.
He had 4 in size 38, so I got them all. Keep one nice, rag one out, and put one up in storage for later.

St. Valentine

A-List Customer

Thank you flat-top, that´s surely something to watch out for. I already wanted to buy some shirts at H&M but found even nicer ones on the discounted rack. For half the price I may even buy one of the "Blaumanns" as we call them here (Blaumann = blue man). :D

flat-top

Ok guys, today was that mark down! The jacket is down to $30, so it's currently selling for $15. There was only one left at my local store in an XL so I grabbed it, even though I would have preferred a Large.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto