Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reproduction classic workwear

PoohBang

Suspended
I'm going to do a Jacket Week all week long on my blog and to start it off, I'm showing my Levi's Big E, early type 3 Jacket...

DSC05403.jpg

Feraud

Bartender
I stopped at the Gap this evening to take a look at their workshirt.
It took a while to find the shirts because they were jammed on a rack that look it was being taken to the dumpster.
The shirts were shoved onto the rack with half the sleeves rolled up, collars bent inwards and everything looked disgustingly wrinkled. 45 bucks for this? I've seen better presentation in thrift stores...
Wait for the sale and be prepared to iron out those trendy wrinkles.
fitted-chambray-shirt_072609.jpg

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Feraud said:
I stopped at the Gap this evening to take a look at their workshirt.
It took a while to find the shirts because they were jammed on a rack that look it was being taken to the dumpster.
The shirts were shoved onto the rack with half the sleeves rolled up, collars bent inwards and everything looked disgustingly wrinkled. 45 bucks for this? I've seen better presentation in thrift stores...
Wait for the sale and be prepared to iron out those trendy wrinkles.

You might want to wash it before you wear it as well. [huh]

mike

Call Me a Cab
edmond said:
hey mike did you have them at eddie's do that?

Yes indeed I did!! Thanks so much for the help with that! I spoke with them on the phone and they were very nice and talked me through the best way to send my boots to them safe and sound. Plus! They were able to turn the order around from door to door in under two weeks! :D

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Feraud said:
On first glance I am not thrilled with the spread collar on the Gap shirt.

Actually, they're quite nice. Right now, Gap is having a "buy one, get one free" sale on these shirts. I just picked up a blue one (from this season) and a light grey one (a holdover from last season). Very pleased with the material, fit and construction.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home

And these Gap shirts are cut much like the 1930s ones: with narrow sleeves, high armholes, collar tab, gussets, and a natural (not baggy) fit.

Here in Los Angeles, the blue ones are selling like hotcakes. I doubt we'll see 'em in thrift stores soon.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Feraud said:
Is Dinerman's shirt from the Gap?

The Gap site shows two flapped pockets and a different shape. Am I missing something?..

Dinerman's shirt is the light grey version from last season; some Gap stores are selling it. The grey ones don't have pocket flaps; the blue shirts from this season do. Both shirts have the same shape, despite what the photos indicate.

mattfink

Practically Family
Went to the Gap in metro Detroit....none at all. Guess I'll have to order on line if I want it. A bargain at two for $40...not sure if it's worth the $40 for one.

flat-top

When I originally found the Gap shirts, the blue and the grey were both the flap pocket version. I just got back tonight from a larger Gap, and I found the one that Dinerman has in grey, and the flap pocket blue one. I grabbed them both. I also saw a killer dark denim USN looking popover with white stitching and side gussets. I can't find it online, but trust me, it was cool. It was $58, so I think I'll wait til it goes on sale. There was also another denim work shirt, no chinstrap, but nice cat eye buttons. Looks like the work wear trend is truly hitting the mainstream!

flat-top

Feraud said:
The pullover rocks!
I picked one up today. :)

The Gap on Times Square has the buy one get one free.
I wanted to get the other two shirts at the buy one get one, but I'm broke! GAH!
I need that pullover!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran