Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reproduction classic workwear

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
I just received the blue Luftwaffe shirt that is a pull over, not too military looking when worn with street clothes & has that nice vintage look to it with the shape of the collar. It is linen, but a heavier weight. Better suited for fall through spring. Ant-Z-Military & Spearhead Militaria have these shirts & I plan on getting a few over the next few months. Chen's attention to detail is very good & the construction and fit are perfect. The shirts without shoulder boards look like regular work shirts to me. And if you buy it in white, you can dye them any color you see fit to choose.

When things cool a bit I'll take some pics & post them here. Thanks for the heads-up on Chen BT, his stuff is great. The off white HBT pants even fit perfect.

Cheers!

Dan

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
DanielJones said:
I just received the blue Luftwaffe shirt that is a pull over, not too military looking when worn with street clothes & has that nice vintage look to it with the shape of the collar. It is linen, but a heavier weight. Better suited for fall through spring. Ant-Z-Military & Spearhead Militaria have these shirts & I plan on getting a few over the next few months. Chen's attention to detail is very good & the construction and fit are perfect. The shirts without shoulder boards look like regular work shirts to me. And if you buy it in white, you can dye them any color you see fit to choose.

When things cool a bit I'll take some pics & post them here. Thanks for the heads-up on Chen BT, his stuff is great. The off white HBT pants even fit perfect.

Cheers!

Dan

Those shirts look really nice, I just need to watch for my size!

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Creeping Past said:
Good work, Daniel.

How's the length on the shirt?

CP

Thanks, had plenty of help from BT finding the site. As far as the length they hit about mid thigh so you'll have no problem keeping them tucked in.

J. M. Stovall said:
Those shirts look really nice, I just need to watch for my size!

Both sites should have your size ready available. In Spearhead's search just type in, for example, "shirt L" for a large shirt & all shirts in that size will pop up. Ant-Z asks for your size once you have won the auction & have paid. He's also very quick with the good ratings. One drawback though. The shipping isn't super quick but they usually ship the day of or after you have paid. Other than that, the shirts have a great fit with high arm holes and good attention to detail. A+ all the way around.
I plan on order several of the trousers that Ant-Z offers as I like the cut of them & they don't really smack of military at all. High waisted & suspender ready.

Cheers!

Dan

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Daniel-

glad you're happy with Chen's goods.
For those interested, his eBay seller ID is "Pirschen1975".

I think he is pretty good- he seems to have an eye for some of the vintage details and he tries to illustrate how his uniforms are better than the other vendors. There's always the problem with the Asian-based vendors, that they don't have a large collection of WW2 uniform gear to use as examples for copying but they(especially him)are only too willing to take criticism and help. Not so important if you're using your resourcefulness and buying for vintage work, or adventuring wear, rather than accurate Wehrmacht uniform
pieces.

As well as being better than the other vendors at making a vintage cut garment, he seems very straightforward and honest.

There are also a couple of other "smaller" vendors on eBay, who seem to have turned up in the last year, or so but as yet, untested.

I think some of the other vendors still haven't even come to grips with waist height issues on 1930s/40s trousers and fit of jackets, arm holes and such.

These were problems I experienced with "Keith from HK", who seems to have removed himself from eBay, after many problems and perhaps some dishonest dealing. Apparently, he's making his return sometime- maybe he already has...

B
T

RP McMurphy

One of the Regulars
Plaid Shirts?

Hey All

Didn't want to start a new thread, so I thought I'd see if anyone here has a good source for nice plaid workshirts? I'm looking for something in a nice flannel or heavy-weight material, and thus far have only found light-weight summer shirts. Sort of going for the 30's working class or late 40's Beat look... let me know if anyone knows a good place!

I can start a new thread if necessary, just didn't want to post in the wrong place.

Many Thanks

RP

mike

Call Me a Cab
Look what I got after wearing the regular leather soles out of my White's boots....
22447498-2578679eafd439ebbe01e6eb9ebd8a42.4a7f9fba-scaled.jpg

catspawsoles.jpg

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
I just heard from there guys and these shirts are now available again for $44.95.

J. M. Stovall said:
Just an update, using all the search advice above I've still come up with zero. But on an upside I emailed Arborwear and they said that model had been discontinued but will be back and available this summer! I really want the olive color.

Picture1-1.png

Feraud

Bartender
On first glance I am not thrilled with the spread collar on the Gap shirt.
fitted-chambray-shirt_072609.jpg

There is a Gap a couple of blocks away from our office. Maybe I will stroll on in and have a look at it in person.
Thanks for posting the link flat-top!

ClothesHorse

Familiar Face
I love the chinstrap chambray- especially the pocket flap shape! I've got an old picture of a favorite Uncle with a similar shirt. Then I see the dreaded most dreaded words to a person with an ample midsection...."Fitted."

Another dream shattered. (Wal-Mart did have a decent no flap chambray the other day though)

Still searching for my working man, chambray with two flapped pockets.:mad:

But I insist on no dog-eared flaps, not a rounded flap, I like a nice smoth v-ish, chevronish flap. Similar to Filson's old style, and that one from Gap. Anyone see one don't hesitate to call, email, post, wave around!

All the best,

CH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy