Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reproduction classic workwear

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm loving these Pike Bros. bib overalls:
FrontFlap2_m.jpg

But I just don't know how often I would actually wear them.
That's a cool look with the double V sweatshirt underneath!

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
J. M. Stovall said:
Where can you get a shirt like this that has buttons instead?
123955_ts.jpg

Like this:
rrrmil%20013.jpg

Try Googling "Hickory Shirt" or "Hickory Work Shirt" The same manufacturer that makes the zip up model also makes a button down as well. Then go into the "images" area & search through the pictures. I think any of the clothing sites for loggers may have what you're looking for. Hope this helps. :)

Cheers!

Dan

mattfink

Practically Family
habberdasher said:
Hey, are these shoes pretty authentic 30s work shoes? They look real unique!
eBayISAPI.dll

If you're going to work in an office they'd be work shoes. No denim? They make cotton twill, garbardine, wool, etc.. You'll just have to dig around.

habberdasher

A-List Customer
mattfink said:
If you're going to work in an office they'd be work shoes. No denim? They make cotton twill, garbardine, wool, etc.. You'll just have to dig around.
I think I found they were dance shoes! Just never saw any like them! I don't think they're suitable for the office, though. They were floppy and too informal, i.e. no design or shine to them. I still think they may be suitable for a Depression-era work uniform. I'll look around for the pants! Thanks!

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
Just an update, using all the search advice above I've still come up with zero. But on an upside I emailed Arborwear and they said that model had been discontinued but will be back and available this summer! I really want the olive color.

Picture1-1.png

mattfink

Practically Family
J. M. Stovall said:
Just an update, using all the search advice above I've still come up with zero. But on an upside I emailed Arborwear and they said that model had been discontinued but will be back and available this summer! I really want the olive color.

Picture1-1.png

Thanks J.M.! Keep us posted as to when they are back on the market.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Mr. Stovall-

there are many, many military/vintage style shirts available from the reenactor vendors- US based, European and eBaysed. American, German, Italian, etc, WW2 gear. Similar to the shirt you posted above- pullover style, chest pockets, etc. and colours such as olive, of course, along with varying shades of khaki and grey.

Just in case you hadn't thunk of this angle.

B
T

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
I looked at the sites of those type that I know about and all the shirts I saw were wool, and I need a wool pullover in Houston like I need a parka.

If you have specific sites that you know that offer those shirts in cotton please, please send me in the right direction. I really have spent many hours over several days looking for a shirt like that.

Thanks!

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Well-
WW2Impressions(www.wwiiimpressions.com) has khaki cotton WW2 service shirts, USMC khaki cotton, USN Chambray. 1944 Militaria, (http://www.1944militaria.com/service_shirts.htm)has a swathe of German cotton and rayon and even knit shirts in grey, olive and an interesting shade of tan... At the front (www.atthefront.com) also has US and German shirts.

An eBay search:

http://collectibles.shop.ebay.com/i...sacat=13977&_trksid=m270&_odkw=&_osacat=13977

will yield many, from all over the World- mainly in eBay stores.
Maybe in that shirt you should drop the "cotton" and avoid the wool.

But you may not like the details, although most of them have a vintage style collar, flapped chest pockets,
epaulets too- some of them are pullover, some button-through...

For the warm climate you suffer, you might prefer a British khaki Aertex shirt-
Aertex is an open, cellular weave, for warm weather.

I could go on all day but won't.

As I said, you may not like the details but what you seem to be searching for is a "uniform" style shirt.

B
T

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the help! I'm know I'm being super picky (but I think we all here suffer from that), but being a pullover that doesn't look "too" military is my problem. But I'll keep looking.

Thanks again BT! I truly appreciate your response!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925