Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reproduction classic workwear

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
Okay, an old subject, but back to safety glasses for a minute.

Doing a little research, it appears there’s still one vintage frame still in production:

21JMYH7CR2L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Phillips Model 70-f

Some websites illustrate them in black, but all say they’re only available in smoked gray now. Anybody have a pair of these?

-Dave

lci419

Familiar Face
Just snagged a couple of these tonight from Marshalls. They are Levi's denim shirts and are marked down to the $12-$17 range depending on size.

Photo01262120.jpg

cbrunt

One of the Regulars
Hey Mr 419... Man that's a killer shirt. Any chance you'd part with a large...?? Those on the Kohls site are cool- as are others on the levis site- but none have that wonderful old-fashioned looking pair of rounded chest pockets! No harm is asking...

Clint

lci419

Familiar Face
Hey Mr 419... Man that's a killer shirt. Any chance you'd part with a large...?? Those on the Kohls site are cool- as are others on the levis site- but none have that wonderful old-fashioned looking pair of rounded chest pockets! No harm is asking...

Clint

Sorry, no can do...unfortunately, the one I went to (the only one near me) only had medium (2), XL(2), and XXL(1). I bought the XXL and an XL. In fact, I'm taking the XXL back as it is too large and picking up the other XL. I like to buy two of each in something like this and put one away for when the first wears out. I too was rather enamored with the rounded pockets, though I wish the collar was a bit wider. Overall, the whole thing just smacked of a 20's-30's work shirt to me though.

The good news is though, you can't swing a dead cat in Maryland without running into a Marshall's. From Hagerstown to Bel-Air, to Annapolis and all points in between there must be 30 locations (I used to live in that area). I'm sure you can find them locally.

Talbot

One Too Many
Okay, an old subject, but back to safety glasses for a minute.

Doing a little research, it appears there’s still one vintage frame still in production:

21JMYH7CR2L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Phillips Model 70-f

Some websites illustrate them in black, but all say they’re only available in smoked gray now. Anybody have a pair of these?

-Dave

Dave,

Thanks for the heads up. My old AO's just broke and smoked gray with a green lens is just what I'm after.

Talbot

lci419

Familiar Face
Just snagged a couple of these tonight from Marshalls. They are Levi's denim shirts and are marked down to the $12-$17 range depending on size.

Photo01262120.jpg

WARNING! I messed up! I didn't get this at Marshall's...I got it from Ross. Went to so many places I forgot which one. Hope I didn't send anyone on a wild goose chase.

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
WARNING! I messed up! I didn't get this at Marshall's...I got it from Ross. Went to so many places I forgot which one. Hope I didn't send anyone on a wild goose chase.

Hey man!! as soon as you posted the previous message, I got me a lastminute planeticket to the states!! I must have been to 7 different Marshall's in 5 different states.. When I asked a friendly employee at the last Marshall's i visited about the Levi's workshirts she started to laugh: "You kidding me!!? We never had these in our collection, whahaha!! have a nice stay.."

:p

Last edited:

cbrunt

One of the Regulars
Hey, no worries... Though I DID swing by the Marshalls in Bel-Air... :) It was on the way so worth a look. Oh- and checked eBay and got two- one a medium to never wash and keep dark and a large to get dirty and wash (and maybe tumble dry) depending on the amount of shrinkage. Great looking shirt- thanks for the heads-up!

Clint

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Picked up this Lucky Brand chore coat yesterday:

IMG_4110.jpg

IMG_4109.jpg

It's thin and fits almost like a shirt. I had to go up 2 sizes to make it more jacket-like. I gave it a hot wash and a dry and it's perfect. It was marked $39.99 and when I asked the sales person if it were any cheaper, she whispered "I can give it to you for $29.99." I'd like to think it was because I'm cute or something, but more than likely it was just mismarked!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda