Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reproduction classic workwear

Mr Badger

Practically Family
Nice bargains from Garbstore at the mo' — second mark-down! Was tempted by a pair of Peasant Chinos, after loving their French Navy Trousers, but decided that I prolly better save the money until I know how much our chimney stack's gonna be to repair!

f171950e-fa09-46f5-8a3c-250b01415e7e.jpg

3d462d07-f8dc-4c19-a138-25d0b04efb24.jpg

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
I’ve recently started wearing suspenders again. The clip-on kind look a little goofy to my eye, so as the weather warms up and I can no longer keep them hidden, I’ll be wanting to pick up some of the button-on kind. Dressy styles are easy to find, but for workwear, I figure I’ll have to go online.

I’m considering these from the Quartermaster Shop in Port Huron (the 1907s). Any suggestions, comments, or feedback? They make a type that has an elastic section above the rear button loops, for extra mobility. Think that's necessary?

Thanks,

Dave

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I love my Filson suspenders, and am not sure that elastic above the rear loops would make any noticeable difference.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

I would buy the ones without, since those are the real vintage ones, C and D Jarnagin may have them slightly less expensive than $25.00. Anyway, if you can break the buttons wearing the ones without elastic, then your next step will be obvious.

Just a thought.

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
Today was a day for eyewear, evidently.

This morning, my Phillips Model 70 safety glasses arrived:

SafetyGlasses.jpg

You can see why I use my grandfather as an avatar

Then this afternoon, the optician called to tell me my vintage Willson safety goggles were ready:

SafetyGoggles.jpg

Please excuse my expression; I swear I didn’t have indigestion.

The tinted-lens safety glasses were purchased primarily to serve as a back-up pair of sunglasses after I briefly lost my trusty aviators. As such, I’ve stashed away the removable side shields for now.

The Willson safety goggles will be my garage eyewear, and should hopefully alleviate the fogging problems I’ve had with layering regular goggles over prescription eyewear.

-Dave

PS I’m sorry I’m dressed “office” in these pics, rather than proper workwear, but work is my hobby, I’m afraid.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
JC Penny's new Big Mac workwear line. I doubt these are actual Big Mac repros, but more like recent styles from the Gap.
Khaki work shirt:
IMG_4143.jpg

Railroad stripe with chinstrap:

IMG_4141.jpg

IMG_4142.jpg

Black denim with chinstrap:

IMG_4144.jpg

All have side gussets and are long enough to tuck in. The quality is what you would expect.The railroad stripe shirt is thin but will be good for the warmer weather. With my coupon they came to about $16 each. There are 2 pant styles as well, blue and gold denim carpenters. Nothing special, but still not bad for the price. There are also some Western style shirts in several plaids and light and dark chambray.

Last edited:

lci419

Familiar Face
Where did you find these? I can't locate them on their website.

JC Penny's new Big Mac workwear line. I doubt these are actual Big Mac repros, but more like recent styles from the Gap.
Khaki work shirt:
IMG_4143.jpg

Railroad stripe with chinstrap:

IMG_4141.jpg

IMG_4142.jpg

Black denim with chinstrap:

IMG_4144.jpg

All have side gussets and are long enough to tuck in. The quality is what you would expect.The railroad stripe shirt is thin but will be good for the warmer weather. With my coupon they came to about $16 each. There are 2 pant styles as well, blue and gold denim carpenters. Nothing special, but still not bad for the price. There are also some Western style shirts in several plaids and light and dark chambray.

Jan

One of the Regulars
Picked up both the rr stripe and the twill shirt! Thanks for the heads up! Luckily for me, I had a gift card and only had to put $10 of my own cash out. Denim work shirts are next to be had.

lci419

Familiar Face
Well, just my luck...I drove about 20 miles to the closest J.C. Penney's and they didn't have them. In fact, the folks in the department didn't even really recognize the "Big Mac" name (it's only been their house brand for what, 100 years?). Went to the catalog department and the guy there said he vaguely knew what I was talking about, and their new catalog should be out this week and most likely will be represented on their website as well. I wouldn't be surprised if he was just telling me what he thought I wanted to hear, and didn't really know what I was talking about either.

By the way, how much do those shirts list for, and what is the fabric content of each?

Jan

One of the Regulars
Hopefully this price stays this way for a while. I plan on going back and picking up a couple of the denim work shirts.

Flat-top: How did you size these?

I put on a medium and it was snug. Guess I'm getting too fat. But then I figured if I had washed it, it would be way too small. So I opted for a large, but haven't tried it on yet. I'm sure it'll be roomy, but not over sized like an XL would be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR