Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reproduction classic workwear

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
LVC

5050_2011021814551359413.jpg

gillock

New in Town
These guys make some lovely stuff
http://www.old-town.co.uk/products.htm
I own a couple of there jackets in moleskin and they're of the highest quality.

Does anyone have any thoughts on Prison Blues Denim. Their work jeans look nice and seem to be made of a good quality denim and was wondering if anyone had any experience of them?

svennex

New in Town
Does anyone have any thoughts on Prison Blues Denim. Their work jeans look nice and seem to be made of a good quality denim and was wondering if anyone had any experience of them?

I'm wearing a pair of relaxed fit jeans right now. Very comfy and the denim does look nice. I'd say the quality of the stitching is a bit below Mexico made Wranglers. The only real problem whit my pair is that the legs had sloppy hems.

I also have one of their chorecoats. It's quite nice but all the main seams are single-stitched. A note on size: I have a 48 chest and the XXL was too big for me. I had to shorten the sleaves to make it work.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
^ That's an odd duck isn't it? Reminds me of a dress shirt with the contrasting collar and cuffs..

That's exactly what it reminded me of! Funny enough, I'm considering ordering a blue contrast collar/cuff dress shirt. For lack of a better image, like the shirt Gordon Gekko from Wall Street wore. I'm not sure what they're really called, but I see them labelled "Gordon Gekko" or "Donald Trump" shirts. The one I'm thinking of is from Trump. I guess contrast collars and cuffs were not restricted to just dress shirts, then.

Nigel

One of the Regulars
Kind of though I don't own a pair. I came across a stand at a show I attended last year the guy only had a couple of pairs left and neither were my size so I ordered a pair. He called me a month later to say they had arrived but it turned out they were the wrong style so he re-ordered however I never heard anything else from him:confused:. I can say though that they were certainly heavy duty and seemed to be well made. I'm going to look out for another pair when I go to this years show.
I recently bought a pair of Ben Davis logger pants (style#771), boy are these heavy duty and are taking some breaking in. They look good with Carhartt Hickory Stripe shirt and heavy duty Welchs suspenders.
bendavisdis1l.jpg

bendavisdis2l.jpg

bendavisdis3l.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany