Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reproduction classic workwear

marineabilly

A-List Customer
Okay, if you live by the irvine spectrum I recommend picking up the effing awesome khaki colored shawl HBT jacket at the levis store. It's on sale for 64 bones (coulda been 74 but i had red wine at Veggie Grill so i can't remember) from over a hundred. I tried on the small and it fit me like a Medium. I ended up picking up a pair of tan 201 workwear pants for 21.00.

Last edited:

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Okay, if you live by the irvine spectrum I recommend picking up the effing awesome khaki colored shawl HBT jacket at the levis store. It's on sale for 64 bones (coulda been 74 but i had red wine at Veggie Grill so i can't remember) from over a hundred. I tried on the small and it fit me like a Medium. I ended up picking up a pair of tan 201 workwear pants for 21.00.

I have that shawl collar jacket! It was 60 something down from $125. It's killer!

Nigel

One of the Regulars
I managed to pick up this Lee 101 rider shirt form a local thrift store for the princely sum of £6 ($9) it looks and feels unworn, although in the pics it has come striaght off my body so looks a little crumpled (excuse the dip can impression in the pocket old habits die hard). I also picked up a new unworn Levis shirt for the same price.
IMAG0063.jpg

IMAG0065.jpg

Nice back yoke.
IMAG0064.jpg

I like the sawtooth pocket style.
IMAG0066.jpg

Nice gusset detail.
IMAG0062.jpg

Levi shirt.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here are some quick and dirty pics of the Levi's shawl collar jacket:

IMG_4219.jpg

Two front lower pockets...

IMG_4220.jpg

that wrap around the back:

IMG_4221.jpg

The receipt calls this a "shawl collar blazer" and it's $64.90 down from $128.

Feraud

Bartender
I think this jacket looks great but the fit was off on me. The pockets are set towards the side seams. I could not button it and comfortably keep my hands in the pockets. My arms were angled too far back.
I really wanted this jacket too..

cbrunt

One of the Regulars
Guys,

I tried on that shawl collar jacket at the Levis store in Towson, MD. I feel the same about the fit. Wanted the thing really bad- I think with some nice wear and a stain or two it would be the perfect companion to a denim Chore Coat.

Clint

lci419

Familiar Face
Okay, I'm about to blow a gasket over these. Apparently J.C. Penney's only employs imbeciles, because I can't even get a person on the phone who has even heard of "Big Mac." :rage: I have called every J.C. Penney's in a 75 mile radius and everyone acts like I'm from another planet for asking about such a thing. One even kept pulling up their online page and telling me they were available online only...Too bad that's their normal line and not what we have discussed here and I kept explaining to her that these were available in stores only. Sorry, but I had to rant. :mad:

JC Penny's new Big Mac workwear line. I doubt these are actual Big Mac repros, but more like recent styles from the Gap.
Khaki work shirt:
IMG_4143.jpg

Railroad stripe with chinstrap:

IMG_4141.jpg

IMG_4142.jpg

Black denim with chinstrap:

IMG_4144.jpg

All have side gussets and are long enough to tuck in. The quality is what you would expect.The railroad stripe shirt is thin but will be good for the warmer weather. With my coupon they came to about $16 each. There are 2 pant styles as well, blue and gold denim carpenters. Nothing special, but still not bad for the price. There are also some Western style shirts in several plaids and light and dark chambray.

Viper Man

Banned
Okay, I'm about to blow a gasket over these. Apparently J.C. Penney's only employs imbeciles, because I can't even get a person on the phone who has even heard of "Big Mac." :rage: I have called every J.C. Penney's in a 75 mile radius and everyone acts like I'm from another planet for asking about such a thing. One even kept pulling up their online page and telling me they were available online only...Too bad that's their normal line and not what we have discussed here and I kept explaining to her that these were available in stores only. Sorry, but I had to rant. :mad:

Believe me, you're not missing anything. I checked these out recently and found them to be cheaply made and ill fitting. The only way I'd buy them was if I was going to actually wear them to work in and didn't care if they got trashed. My 2 cents...

mattfink

Practically Family
They say in the article that the guy in the middle's vest and jacket come from the Gap? WTF? I've never seen anything remotely this cool there....anyone else?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24