Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reproduction classic workwear

simonc

Practically Family
bdHyxpr.jpg

potemkin_city_limits

One of the Regulars
I picked up this RRL jacket on ebay and it arrived in the mail today.

tumblr_n0gjoetJ5i1rzb3ayo6_1280.jpg

snow1.jpg

snow2.jpg

RRL watch cap
RRL denim shawl jacket
Gap quilted vest
Wallace & Barnes denim work shirt
J. Crew urban slim fit chinos
Vintage steel toe work boots

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Made by Workware / 3-Days Union.
The material is sturdy. The sizing runs pretty small. I generally wear a size 38 jacket, and sized up to a L. It fits pretty slim that way, I probably should have gone up to an XL so that I could have the option of wearing a vest underneath. The sleeves are a decent length, though, so that's a plus for me compared to most originals. My only real gripe is the collar is significantly smaller than on any originals I've had.
]

Last edited:

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
What do you guys think of this? I've had this for 20+ years, but I think it's really cool. The front is leather, the back is cotton twill. I think the zipper pulls have some vintage influence. Pay no attention to the silly label.
1924717_244815669030898_362518055_n.jpg

1920057_244815729030892_942700594_n.jpg

Nyah

One of the Regulars
I don't typically associate leather fashion with workwear. Leather has no ventilation qualities, thus not good to wear during physical exertion (other than as reinforcement to high-stress parts of the garment).

Plenty often. Nearly every welder on big construction projects I have worked on has had some kind of jacket type garment with a leather front and sleeves and usually some kind of cloth back, or no back at all, and sometimes even a full leather back. I have worked around plenty of other tradesworkers who have worn sone kind of leather jacket, I suppose because they liked it or it's what they had. Never been much to wear mine to work, but that's chiefly because construction is dirty work and clothes tend to get ruined. A leather coat or vest is to much an investment to me to ruin. Concreter dust, which is ever-present on a big jobsite will wreck leather pretty quick, but it doesn't stop a lot of guys.
I've also known plenty of guys who worked in trucking and warehousing who wore leather, just because they like it I guess. Those trades are hard but often not quite as filthy as digging a ditch.
I also know plenty of cops who work in leather gear, and that can be a plenty physically demanding gig as well.
I have no idea what kind of work you do or do not do, but it sounds like you just don't like the guys vest and want to argue.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well I won't actually be doing and laborous work in it ;) ,but I thought it had the look of something a Japanese high end workwear label might put out. I'm glad I hung onto it for all these years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24