Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reproduction classic workwear

BLK

New in Town
Hello everybody. I just joined the board and found this treasure while doing some research on "classic workwear inspired suits" on the internet. I have seen a suit that caught my attention on PINTEREST which is pointing to this thread with Page 228? Can somebody tell me where this picture comes from? Looks like a screenshot from a website or a blog. Anyhow I am almost through all 145 pages of this thread and many older pictures are missing :-(

BLK

New in Town

hatman1962

New in Town
I wish someone would reproduce the Dee Cee painter pants and biboveralls in the unbleached natural drill. They were very popular in the late 1970's and early 1980's. They were high-waisted and did shrink somewhat,but once they were washed a few times,they were more comfortable than denim jeans. The unbleached drill would eventually fade into a nice off-white. I had several pair that I wore until the late 80's or early 90's when I gained enough weight to where they would not fit anymore. There were other brands of painter pants including Big Smith, JC Penney Big Mac, Lee and OshKosh. However,my favourites were the Dee Cee. A few years ago I found a brand new pair of Dee Cee painter pants with the tags on ebay. I bought them for about $20 since they are new and have the tags, I will never wear them. I had Dickies they are nice but they don't hold a candle to the sanfordized Dee Cees. I did find a pair of Oshkosh painter pants in white drill at a thrift store in Elkhart,Indiana for 3 bucks and since there were no tags on them and they had a MAB paints patch on the one pocket,I washed them up and use them for everyday causal pants and they come very close to the Dee Cees for comfort.

Last edited:

Cocker

Practically Family
Received my Pike Brothers 1923 Buccaneer shirt yesterday, and I think it's a wonderfull piece of workwear repro. I'll try to have some pictures to show here.

RossRYoung

Practically Family
I recently became the new custodian of grandpas original Navy uniform. I hadn’t realized how closely related my RRL wool zip was until putting the two together.
9A7E2121-8B4D-4BE0-8447-7397D0A40676.jpeg
0494E7D5-EBBD-465D-B34F-F3C823F956A8.jpeg

Gotta love the anchor button detail
8BEBA8D0-36C6-40F1-91D4-ADC97A4DFB19.jpeg

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I’ve been wearing these Union of Friends wide legged jeans, very very comfy and sturdy. But I can’t stop thinking what’s happened to these guys since the war…

Attachments

• 21D8D214-D35A-453A-9B0A-6240ADB9D7AD.jpeg
    21D8D214-D35A-453A-9B0A-6240ADB9D7AD.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 51

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk