Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reproduction classic workwear

mattfink

Practically Family
resortes805 said:
I found these jeans earlier last month at Wasteland on Melrose. They were tagged as having a 32 inch waist, so I kind of dismissed them as too small. I went home and did a little research on the label and ran across this article.

http://www.acontinuouslean.com/2008/07/14/the-stronghold/

When I went back to Wasteland I noticed they were still there so I bought these two pairs for around $70 each. I was planning on reselling them on ebay, but when I tried them on, they fit!

The fit of the white stiched USN style jeans is great; with a full cut thigh and knee and the waist stops just below my navel. The herringbone bucklebacks have a shorter rise (similar to a modern 501) but are pretty much identical fit-wise.

They had more on the racks, mostly these sans suspenders:
STR01234_161783.jpg

Jesus, those Stronghold jeans are usually $250+!!! You got a bargain on a pair of hand made denim pants!!!

mattfink

Practically Family
Mysterious Mose said:
Pointer Brand makes a fisher stripe carpenter jeans, zip fly, no selvedge or buckle back, but only $35.=.
s

I've got a pair of those. They run a little slim through the hips, but stretch out after some wear. They also have hickory stripe too (same fit). You'll want to order them here:

http://www.pointerbrand.com/

mattfink

Practically Family
Mysterious Mose said:
Good to hear about the fit, are they high or low wasted?

I chose the link for the photo, but www.Pointerbrand.com is wonderful to deal with, I've got some overalls and a chore jacket from them a few years ago.

I'd say they are a "normal" fit in the waist (neither high nor low). I have a couple of the chore coats too.

lordcharles

New in Town
plaid shirt

I've got a cuple of cracking brushed cotton plaid shirts from Boden here in the UK and I'm looking for some decent plaid flannel shirts for the Autumn. Last year I got a few LL Bean flannel shirts, but the large is just a little too big and the medium is too small. Any suggestions - apart from losing weight?

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
mattfink said:
BTW there are a couple of the J Crew chambray chinstrap shirts on eBay right now if you poke around....

Yep, that seller has sold a few of them recently. And guess which size has gotten the highest number of bids? Size SMALL. Wanna bet that those shirts are going to Japan? Even with shipping fees, it's a good deal for Japanese buyers.

mattfink

Practically Family
Marc Chevalier said:
Yep, that seller has sold a few of them recently. And guess which size has gotten the highest number of bids? Size SMALL. Wanna bet that those shirts are going to Japan? Even with shipping fees, it's a good deal for Japanese buyers.

Surprisingly there are a lot of people that wear S here in the US as well....all over the SUFU group. Bunch a skinny, messenger bike riding, twenty-somethings.

Alexi

One of the Regulars
lordcharles said:
I've got a cuple of cracking brushed cotton plaid shirts from Boden here in the UK and I'm looking for some decent plaid flannel shirts for the Autumn. Last year I got a few LL Bean flannel shirts, but the large is just a little too big and the medium is too small. Any suggestions - apart from losing weight?

pedleton, woolrich, melton ect on the ebays

what is your chest size?

mattfink

Practically Family

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot