Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reproduction M1941 Field Jacket

H.Johnson

One Too Many
For sale - Reproduction WW2 M-1941 Field Jacket.

More gleanings from the bottom of my closet. My age-related weight loss can be your value-related clothing gain...

Some years ago I worked with an ex-colleague from the clothing industry to make a prototype of a M-1941 jacket, that we were going to put into production (we saw a gap in the market for re-enactors etc.). We really took the trouble to get the materials and sourcing right and copied a well-preserved original, but in the event never went ahead with the project.

Somehow I came away from the project with the prototype. I used to wear it for 'street wear' but it's never been used for re-enactment or had any rough wear. It has the correct poplin (a bit more olive drab than most of the 'tan' versions you see nowadays but well within the range of WW2 shades) and the blanket lining was as close to the original as we could get. The buttons are WW2 originals and the zip is a NOS WW2 era nickel chevron-toothed Crown.

There is virtually no wear to the jacket and the hems (which often suffer first on these jackets) are in fine condition. The zip works well and is still stiff, showing it needs use. It is a 42" chest and will suit someone of around 5' 10" tall with a 34" waist.

I'm asking 30GBP plus shipping to a good home.

Here are the measurements laid flat and some photos - sorry, I'm lousy with a digital camera but great with a Rolleiflex.
Armpit to armpit = 24"
Length (nape to hem) = 25"
Tailor's arm (nape to cuff) = 32"
Underarm = 20"
Waist = 21"
Picture005.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members